Chapter 29

Regan

It's been almost a week since Andrea's birthday party. I'm still finding pink and silver glitter in some of the floorboards. She decided after cake and presents to have glitter bombs thrown around her for pictures. I'll admit the photos turned out amazing but was it really necessary to do it in the packhouse? She and the girls are already planning what they want to do for her eighteenth birthday party, I just pretend not to hear them. Who knows how much trouble her eighteenth birthday is going to be. Andrea loves going over the top with things like that so I don't even want to know.

Now that Andrea's birthday is over with, Harrison's is coming up quickly. Harrison's birthday is much more of a big deal than any of the ones this year so there's a ton of planning that's gone into it. Though Andrea's might rival it. Since Harrison is the alpha's son, he'll probably be taking over the pack in a few years. Alpha Caleb loves running the pack, so we don't know for sure when he's going to want Harrison to take over. I haven't talked much with Harrison about it but I think he said they had a few talks recently about when he was going to run the pack. If I remember correctly they wanted him to be at least twenty, and to have hopefully found his mate. Harrison turning eighteen is a massive deal, he's becoming a legal adult, he'll be old enough to take over if needed, and he's going to be able to find his mate. Due to the massive occasion all the neighbouring packs, along with all our allied packs, have been invited to come to celebrate. Everyone can come and congratulate him or give him advice, and with the number of people there, the chances of him finding his mate in the crowd are high.

Since the afternoon of Andrea's party, Carmine and I haven't talked about his panic attack, or whatever it was. I won't lie, I'm extremely curious as to what happened that evening but I'm not going to push him to talk about it. I feel bad enough as is for triggering whatever it was when I pushed him to talk the first time. Lesson learned. Though, I'm not completely sure what caused him to freak out, I'm guessing it had something to do with this previous pack he said he went to. I can only imagine what could have happened to him. There are a number of horrible 'packs' which have somehow escaped the wrath of the council even after drastically breaking rules. The only upside of that night was Carmine saying he would rather be with me than anyone else, goddess when I heard that I was over the moon. I swear I was about to pull him into my arms and kiss his cheeks. Carmine doesn't just say things like that out of thin air, and he doesn't seem to like anyone besides Loriene and Conall so saying he would rather be with me is an extreme honour.

I walk to the cafeteria quickly and search for our usual table with Nicholas following. Unfortunately, schools started back up again, the only good thing about it is that Carmine is in most of my classes. I swear I don't know how I was surviving without him to look at through the teacher's monologues. I spot Andrea waving her arm to get our attention. Maya and Bree were sitting on either side of her as per normal. Nicholas and I walk over and sit down across from them. Harrison and Carmine aren't here yet.

Nicholas picks through his bag to get his lunch containers, "Where are the other two?"

Andrea shrugs, "Didn't see them."

"Oh," Maya says, "I think Harrison was called to the office for something earlier."

"Really?" Nicholas says in a puzzled voice and while putting down the straw for the milk he bought, "I didn't hear his name of the system."

Maya shakes her head, "No, but on my way back from the bathroom someone was going into his classroom to get him. One of the pack members. Probably something with his Dad." Everyone nods and seems to agree with this scenario and continue talking about different things.