Chapter 25

EXAMS ARE OVEEERRRR!!! YAYYY!!! Now I'm done until my exams at the end of the summer.
I should have a little more time to write now but no promises okay lol 
(Also, if you see typos and stuff, please please please tell meeeeeeeee)

Regan

"What?" I ask Marek confused. What does he mean Carmine's wolf won't let him leave?

Marek huffs, "His wolf. It wouldn't let him leave even if Carmine wanted to. That's just the type of wolf he has."

I look over at Carmine who's still working on packing a box, he doesn't smell much like a werewolf even though I know he is one. "Marek remember, Carmine said that he only recently shifted for the first time. We don't even know if his wolf is okay, there's obviously something wrong since his form hasn't grown like at all."

"That's one of the reasons why he wouldn't let Carmine leave. I could sense his wolf last time and from what I gathered he had a very dependent personality, the fact he's a pup only adds to the theory I have," Marek explains, "Carmine and his wolf are eventually going to have an argument concerning their clashing interests. His wolf isn't going to be able to travel like Carmine did before now. Since the wolf has been 'let out' so to speak, he needs another stronger wolf to help and take care of him. If Carmine were to leave that position would have to be filled by Conall, causing Carmine to depend on Conall to often."

"They already seem pretty close so I don't see why that would stop Carmine from leaving us."

Marek scoffs, "You're stupid sometimes, you know that? Conall is an Omega Regan, there's no way he could possibly take care of everything Carmine's wolf is going to need. It just doesn't work like that. There are some things only a higher ranking wolf is able to do and the poor wolf is going to have problems that only a higher ranking wolf can help with. I can't tell yet what kind of wolf Carmine's got, the pup and weak scent seems to point to an Omega however earlier he showed dominance in his voice which suggests a more powerful rank."

My eyes widen as I process this new information, "Are you sure? Like, are you sure you got all that from the few minutes you saw him in wolf form?"

"Of course," he answers smugly.

If what Marek just said is true, then Carmine is going to have a hard time living the way he did before now. Knowing Carmine I don't think he would suddenly change his mind due to his wolf asking him to without proof or good reasoning. If his wolf really has to depend on other wolves then if Carmine leaves he could be in serious trouble.

"Regan, you want to help carry these out? There's only a few more boxes to pack and the last bookshelves until we're done," Nicholas says breaking me out of my train of thought.

"Yeah sure," I answer quickly going over to where the girls have a small stack of boxes by the door, "We have room for everything right?"

Nicholas nods, "Yep, we've got more than enough room. The only thing really taking up space are the bookcases, other than that he doesn't have much."

Conall pushes a box into the back of Harrison's truck, "He doesn't have much stuff for a reason, I'm honestly surprised he even has all this. Normally Carmine only has two or three large bags if that." He turns around and watches as Harrison and Nicholas carry the empty bookcase into Nicholas's truck, "I guess he just collected things over the time he stayed in Northpass, we got rid of a ton before he moved here too." His happy expression dampens a bit, "Honestly I don't think I would be able to do it. He collects things and creates himself a home, then tosses it all away with a moments notice to start from scratch. The memories, effort, routine, attachment, and the meanings behind everything are just gone in a split second. It would crush me to do that over and over again."