Chapter 34

AND I BETCHA MOST OF YOU THOUGHT YOU'D ONLY GET ONNNEEEE UPDATE THIS WEEK SUCKEAAASSSSSSSS!!! HELLL NOOO, I WAS AWESOME AND MADE TWO UPDATES!!! Don't you guys just love me to death?!?!?!? Have some love~

OMG ALSO P.S DON'T KILL ME OR FREAK OUT OKAY!!  YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IN A BIT BUT LIKE EVERYTHING HAS REASONS OKAY, I SWEAR YOU'LL UNDERSTAND IN THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS!!

Regan

I lean my head against the cabinet and take a deep breath of the smell of hot chocolate which is strong in the room. I woke up earlier than usual this morning and decided I should take a minute or two to myself since I'm now officially eighteen. Thankfully the breakfast crew doesn't come in for another hour or so today so I still have time to sit and enjoy the peaceful moment with just me and my hot chocolate.

When I first got down here I couldn't decide between coffee or tea, then my eyes had caught on the large bag of hot chocolate mix sitting on the counter. I decided I wanted to have my own small childish moment this morning like how I used to instead of acting like I was fully eighteen. When I was younger my parents obviously didn't let me have coffee in the mornings but instead told me I could have hot chocolate and sit at the table beside Dad to drink it. That was not only part of my morning routine for certain weeks but also ended up as something we did every morning on my birthday until I turned eleven or twelve. Now I don't drink it much and prefer the caffeine coffee gives me instead, but I guess there are some things we can never truly outgrow.

"I don't feel my mate yet," I think disappointedly. I've been nervous but really excited that I get to meet my mate soon and I had half hoped I would feel them this morning when I woke up. It shouldn't surprise me since Harrison didn't find his on his birthday either but I guess I still thought maybe, just maybe, I would. And if my mate was someone from the pack I would know already, the entire pack has been rushing around lately with the birthday fever going on so everyone's scents are in the halls and doorways. I would've been able to smell them and then would instantly know that the one scent was my mate.

"Just because you don't feel them doesn't mean they're not there. For all we know they could be someone from a nearby pack," Marek points out to me. "Or they could be someone in town, if that's the case then you wouldn't be able to tell yet."

"I know, I just kinda wished I could meet them this morning. Then if I did meet my mate in the morning I could spend the day with the love of my life and forever partner."

"Considering we're betas the chances of our mate being another wolf of a rank are high, they could be beta or delta of another pack. Your Mother said she invited a small handful of people over so maybe you'll meet them at lunch."

A sigh escapes my lips and I take another sip of my steaming cup of hot chocolate. "Maybe, but even though I have nothing against the nearby packs I don't exactly want to be mated to one of their members. Especially if its someone with ranks. Then we would have the problem of which pack to live in, if they're a beta as well then which pack to we stay at? One of us would have to abandon our alphas to go join the other pack. Leaving Harrison doesn't sound appealing at all, we're best friends and I'll forever be loyal to him as my alpha even if I do switch to live at another pack. But then again I'm sure most betas feel like that, so my mate would never be fully happy since they weren't standing by their own alpha. Agh mating situations can be really complicated for us."