Chapter 21

Carmine

I already dislike staying here. First thing in the morning I get a rude awakening by someone pounding mercilessly on the wall. Of course I didn't know what it was at first but it just got louder and louder, then I could smell it and instantly wanted to yell at them. I knew exactly what the sounds were and the loud moan only muffled by the walls confirmed any doubts I had. I punched the wall so hard I think the house must've shook, the wall is a bit dented now but not cracked or anything.

"Stupid mutts in heat, why the actual hell would they do that when they've got neighbors in the room beside them," I growl to myself as I brush my teeth with one of the tooth brushes I found in the bathroom, it was new so I'm assuming I'm meant to use it. "I don't care what they do just don't force me to listen to it."

A knock sounds on my door. "I'm awake!" I yell with a mouth full of toothpaste. Footsteps sound through my room and I look over to see Nicholas standing at my door with Regan behind him.

Nicholas smiles, "Morning Carmine. We were just going to make sure you were awake and getting ready. We still have like forty minutes but we didn't know how long you usually take to get ready in the mornings."

Regan looks around my room, "I'm going to guess by the fact your bed is made, and you're dressed that you've been away for a while."

I growl lowly before spitting into the sink, "Yes. Unfortunately."

"Well, there's coffee downstairs if you want some, we've got a couple small breakfast things laid out but you'll have to hurry before they're gone," Nicholas informs me, somehow missing my tone of annoyance.

I run my hands through my hair and look at my reflection in the mirror to make sure my bed hair is gone. My fingers seem to be doing a good job in place of the absent brush. I turn and walk over to my bed for my backpack to bring with me, my phone charged overnight so I shouldn't have to worry about it for the day.

Nicholas and Regan walk out first and I follow, shutting the door behind us. I scowl at the door next to mine and kick it as we pass. Regan gives me a weird look but I ignore him, I don't care who the hell my neighbors are but they can go to hell for waking me up like that.

When we get down to the kitchen I see two different pots of coffee sitting on the counter, there are people bustling in and out getting things then moving along somewhere else. I make my way through to the coffee and pour a mug of it for myself, it's not nearly as good as the coffee we make at work but it's caffeine in the morning to wake me up. After putting cream and sugar in it I make my way over towards where Regan is sitting at a large table. Harrison get's there about the same time I do and gives me a hello before also sitting down.

"So you can go with either Regan or I to school, we usually only take my truck but we now have to many people so we're going to split it," Harrison says after he tells me good morning.

Maya and Bree come sit beside us with a plate of eggs and hash browns. "Morning Carmine" they both say at almost the same time. I say good morning back civilly before taking another drink of my coffee.

Andrea is the next to show up and she huffs as she flounces down in a seat, "I was trying to blow dry my hair then the dryer broke so now I have half dry and half wet hair. Ugh I look terrible!"

Nicholas shoves a piece of toast in his mouth, "You look fine Andrea, I didn't even notice when you sat down."

She looks unconvinced and just stabs her fork into a sausage, "Whatever, hey Carmine does it look weird? You're better at this sort of thing then the guys are." Nicholas fake gasps while Harrison rolls his eyes, I just grunt and take another sip of coffee.