Chapter 20

Carmine

I watch Davan idly as she starts unhooking the tubes and wires that have been attached to me for the past few days. Apparently, I'm finally up to her standards to leave this freaking bed. Sure, I know I'm probably going to just be locked in some room somewhere after but hey, at least I'll be able to walk! I never want to sit on one of these stupid white metal beds ever again in my entire life, they are the most uncomfortable things created to torture humanity.

Davan continues talking to me and explaining this and that as she takes all the medical tape off. I promise I tried listening for the first five minutes before giving up. From what I can tell I've healed most of the way now with the help of my werewolf healing abilities which have never been used until recently. I'm not complaining. It's great to not feel like crap and not have your side feel like it's on fire.

"Carmine, are you listening?" Davan snaps and I blink my eyes a few times before looking blankly at her face.

"Not at all," I respond. She sighs and shakes her head sadly before going back to taking off wires and sensors. "Okay this is taking way to fricken long and is starting to get annoying."

I grab a fist full of wires and yank them harshly then tear out the two drips placed in my arms. Davan cringes at the sound. I can see spots where the medical tape I just ripped off is going to leave a nasty bruise. Whatever. I quickly finish disconnecting myself from everything before standing up and handing her a fist full of sensors and walking out of the room. She sighs again as I leave.

Alpha Caleb told me to come see him in his office when Davan was done so I start making my way there .

"Lucky for me I've been here before so I know where some things are," I think as I walk down a hall. When I get near the end of it I check a few door before finally getting to a large wooden door with more details on it then the others, the door is open a bit so I push it open without even bothering to knock.

Alpha Caleb look surprised when I stiffly walk into the room and I see Harrison and Regan standing with both their parents, guess they were discussing something before I came in. The Alpha doesn't look happy I just walked in. "I take it Davan cleared you then?" he asks.

"Mhm," I answer back. He sighs and shakes his head, I already know how much he hates me not talking with my words but I'm not obligated to do whatever he pleases now am I.

"Well then Harrison, why don't you and Regan show him around for a bit before taking him where he'll be staying," Alpha Caleb says and his son nods in agreement.

Harrison walks towards me with a smile, "Come on Carmine, we should see how far we can get before the girls maul you to death now that you're up and walking again."

I hold back a smirk at his comment and eye both Harrison and Regan as they walk past. Regan tugs on my arms trying to get me to follow. I send a look at the alpha before following the boys back into the hall.

* * * * * *

"And this is the dining room," Harrison says making a sweeping gesture with his arm "Those doors over there lead to the kitchen so we can easily bring things over here."

I look around the large room and walk a few steps behind them as they go through the room towards to the kitchen doors. At this point I've already seen most of the pack house, I was familiar with some parts of the house but others were new to me. I only paid enough attention to where we are going so that I wouldn't get lost if I had to escape.