19. the memories

"So why'd you push Uma into the water?" Ben asked as everyone followed Bella towards Auradon Prep

"Well, I couldn't chop her head off." Bella said with a small smirk before walking away with her chuckling friends following.

"Bella! There you are! Your parents wanna talk to you; all of you." Jane said as she looked at the VKs, who looked at each other.

"How'd they know we're back? We literally just got here." Evie mumbled as everyone followed Jane to the office.

"What were you thinking?" Adam asked as he looked at Bella, who was sitting in a chair and leaning her head on her hand.

"Bella, do you understand that you could've been hurt?" Belle asked before Bella rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I made a mistake. I get it. Will you stop yelling at me now?"

"Belladonna, we're only yelling at you because we care about you." Adam said before Jay got a confused look on his face.

"Yeah, you should write a parenting book." Bella said as she rolled her eyes again.

"What? Belladonna?" Jay asked quietly as he looked at his friends.

"It's the name of a deadly plant and also means beautiful lady." Ben explained.

"So it means beautiful poison?" Mal asked.

"I guess so."

"How fitting."

"Guys, please. Bella, I understand that you're upset with your mother and I because we didn't tell you about your adoption, but that doesn't mean you can run away." Adam said.

"I just wanted to see her." Bella said as she looked at the floor.

"How would you see her, sweetie?" Belle asked with a confused look.

"I was gonna go to the Isle and meet her. Find out more about her than what's in the history books." Bella said before Adam and Belle looked at each other.

"Bella, sweetie, the Queen of Hearts passed away years ago." Belle said after she sat next to Bella.

"What?"

"Oh no."

"That's impossible. Uma was gonna take me to see her. Wait. She's Uma. She lied." Bella said with a sigh as Carlos reached over and held her hand.

"Bel, I'm so sorry." Mal said after she bent down and put a hand on her best friend's knee.

"We all are, B." Evie said before someone knocked on the door.

"Come in."

"Fairy Godmother, what are you doing here?" Mal asked after she stood up.

"I'm here to restore Bella's memories." FGM said before the kids looked at Adam and Belle.