38. a family quarrel

"Bella and Cora spelled half of the town

"Bella and Cora spelled half of the town. People are turning evil. Hey. Anything?" Ben asked after Carlos and Evie walked into the office, where he, Mal, and Hannah were waiting.

"No. We looked all through her room. There's nothing that could tell us where she went." Evie said with a sigh as she sat down in one of the chairs.

"Great. What about Henry and Harry?" Mal asked as she looked at Carlos.

"A couple guards went with them to check Cora's castle. Did you find anything in here?" Carlos asked as he sat down, the purple haired girl shaking her head.

"Nope. There was nothing in here." Mal said with a sigh before someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." Ben called before Jay and Gil walked in.

"Jay! Gil!"

"I leave for what?—five minutes?—and everything goes crazy." Jay said as he hugged his friends.

"We're glad to have you back, buddy. You too, Gil." Carlos said as he looked at Gil, who nodded.

"Can someone explain what's happening?" Jay asked after he hugged Evie.

"I thought Baylee told you when she called." Ben said with a confused look.

"She's eight. All I got was something about Bella and that her imaginary scones were burning." Jay recalled, everyone chuckling.

"Cora spelled Bella and made her evil. She stole FGM's wand and we don't know where they are." Mal explained as she looked at the two.

"Did you check Bella's room for a clue?" Jay asked before Carlos nodded.

"Yep. Mal checked in here. Nothing." Carlos said with a sigh.

"What about Cora's castle?"

"Henry and Harry went. They're supposed to call if they find something, but I haven't heard anything." Carlos said with a shrug before someone knocked on the door again.

"Come in." Ben called before the Hook brothers walked in.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Were they there?" Hannah asked as she looked at her brothers, who shook their heads.

"No. There's nothing to tell us where they went either." Henry said as he sat down.

"What about Dad's?"

"I doubt they went there, Han." Henry said as he looked at his sister.

"You never know." Hannah said with a shrug.

"Yeah. We should at least look." Harry agreed as he looked at his brother.

"Okay then. We'll search Dad's." Henry said before he got up and grabbed his jacket.