31. bringing it down

"There they are

"There they are. Hi." Evie said with a smile before Mal and Ben went to the balcony with Carlos and Bella.

"Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to all you my queen. Or to call you my sister. So raise your glasses. To our Queens of Auradon." Ben said before everyone raised their glasses for Mal and Bella.

"To our Queens of Auradon!"

"Speech, Your Specialness." Jay said as he bowed.

"Speech, Your Fancy One." Carlos said, making everyone chuckle.

"I can't. I can't be Queen of Auradon." Mal said before everyone gasped.

"Mal."

"I can't turn my back on the Isle. We made a decision to close the barrier forever and it was me and Carlos's idea, but it's wrong. I learned that you can't live in fear because it actually doesn't protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the good is gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone and without Hades—my father—Audrey would be gone, too. We are all capable of good and bad no matter which side of the barrier we come from. That's why I can't be queen of just Auradon. I have to be queen of the Isle, too." Mal said as she looked at Ben.

"It's time that we take the barrier down forever." Carlos said as Bella looked at him.

"We can't do that." Adam said.

"It's up to us, Dad." Bella said as she looked at him.

"Bella and I choose to be leaders who move forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings." Ben said before he looked at Bella.

"The barrier will come down!" Ben and Bella chorused.

"Yes! Whoo hoo!" Carlos cheered, making everyone laugh.

"Mal, Bel, bring it down." Ben said before Jay and Evie met the four at the top of the stairs.

"To make the world a better place—" Mal and Bella started after FGM gave them the wand.

"—we have to do it face to face." The five chorused before Mal took the barrier down.

"Look!"

"My plan. Yes!" Uma said with a smile.

Mal, Bella (Uma)
It's time to bring together
Time for a brand new start
We gonna put it in motion
Break down what keeps us apart
No more, no division we down
New team, got the vision, unite
So we stand, now we living marching

In the light, one two, one two like
I see you (You see me)
Imperfect (Perfectly)
Face to face we can see clearly our similarities
Like day and night, wrong or right
We come together for a good time