21. the proposal

"You're all done, Bella

"You're all done, Bella." Mrs. Potts said before the queen got up from her vanity.

"Thanks, Mrs. Potts. You nervous?" Bella asked as she looked at her brother, who just finished getting ready with Lumiere.

"Extremely nervous. Why aren't you and Carlos engaged yet?" Ben asked before Bella chuckled.

"We haven't even said I love you yet, Romeo." Bella said before Ben chuckled.

"Have you seen Mal?" Ben asked.

"She's probably out back by the ocean." Bella said as she looked in the mirror.

"Thanks. You're the best." Ben said before he kissed her on the head and left.

"Not a tentacle in sight." Mal said after Ben walked over and hugged her.

"I think if Uma was up to something, we'd know by now." Ben said before Mal looked at him.

"No. Ben, I know how villains think and I don't trust Uma as far as I can throw her. She's gonna wait until our defenses are down and then that's when she's gonna strike. I really wish I had time to go do a dragon flyover because I can go so much higher." Mal said as she looked through the binoculars.

"Well, you can't be everywhere at once. Besides, I got your back. Come on. Everyone's waiting for us." Ben said after they looked at the guards.

"Wait. You're getting more guards?" Mal asked.

"We're getting more guards. Now breathe. Come on." Ben said after they both took a deep breath.

"Okay."

"Here they come." Evie and Bella chorused as Ben and Mal walked into the courtyard.

"Hey, how are you?"

"Stay." FGM said after Mal and Ben met Bella and Carlos on the platform.

"Stay here?" Mal asked as she pointed to her spot.

"Yes. Bippity boppity. One two, one two. Can everybody hear me?" FGM asked as everyone laughed and nodded.

"Yes."

"Ben."

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother. What's up, Auradon? Thank you. Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon." Ben said as everyone cheered.

"Not like we had a choice." Queen Leah said as she rolled her eyes.

"It worked out pretty well for the last four." Ben said as Carlos and the girls smiled.

"Yeah, especially for you and Bella." Chad said before Audrey looked at him.

"Really funny."

"Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life, but did I mention I'm in love with you?" Ben asked after Carlos and Bella got off the platform.