16. the secret

"Ben

"Ben." Adam said after he and Belle walked into the office.

"Hi, Mom, Dad. What are you doing here?" Ben asked after he looked up.

"We came to talk to you and your sister. Where is she?" Belle asked after she looked around.

"She told me that she was helping Evie and Mal with delivering clothes this afternoon. Whatever it is, I can tell her later." Ben said.

"Actually, it's something your sister needs to be here for. Can you call her?" Adam asked before Ben looked at his father with a worried look.

"So how was cheer practice?" Carlos asked as he held Bella's backpack while she put it on.

"I think I broke my lungs." Bella said as she moved her hair.

"Yeah, I bet you did. You were the fastest one running out there." Carlos chuckled as he held her hand while they walked away.

"I just wanted to beat Audrey. She was saying that she's the fastest and you know I had to show her up." Bella said before she opened her locker and put her cheer bag in it.

"Have you told Ben you joined the cheerleading team yet?" Carlos asked after he chuckled.

"No."

"Why?"

"He'd tell me that I'd be too busy and that's not the answer I want, so I just didn't ask." Bella shrugged.

"What do you tell him when you sneak away to practice everyday?" Carlos asked.

"Today I told him that I was helping Mal and Evie deliver clothes. Yesterday I helped Jane plan a party for FGM. Monday was spent helping Jay with math homework. Saturday, you and I went on a date." Bella said before Carlos chuckled.

"I'm sure I had fun."

"You did because they had a chocolate fountain at the ice cream shop." Bella said before they both chuckled.

"Bella, Ben needs you to meet him in the office." Jane said after she walked over.

"For what?"

"He didn't say. Just that it was important." Jane said.

"I'll see you later, babe." Carlos said before he kissed her on the cheek.

"Come on." Jane said before she pulled Bella away, who sent Carlos a wave.

"So Daddio, what's the news? Are you going to Neverland for a vacation? Are we getting a dog?" Bella asked as she leaned her back on the desk.