8. fencing practice

"Hi, Mal

"Hi, Mal." Ben said after he walked to her locker.

"Hi."

"I have a little surprise for you." Ben said before Mal chuckled.

"Again? Wow. That's like every day now."

"Or every other day; the even dates. Because you're even more perfect than I thought." Ben said.

"That is me. I am perfect." Mal chuckled as she played with her hair.

"Come on. Let me spoil you. You didn't have
a lot growing up." Ben said.

"We managed."

"Hey, didn't you donate that to the museum?" Ben asked after he saw the spell book in her locker.

"Is that still in there? I gotta get to class. I really don't wanna be late." Mal said after she closed her locker.

"No. You come this way. First off. Tada!" Ben said as he showed Mal the purple scooter.

"What?"

"You like it?" Ben asked as he leaned on the locker.

"Ben! Does an ogre like cheese puffs? This is amazing! It's purple. I didn't get you anything." Mal said as she looked at him.

"You're taking me on a picnic with all my favorite foods, remember?" Ben said.

"No, that's Thursday." Mal said.

"It is Thursday." Ben said.

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not."

"It is."

"I knew that." Mal said after Ben showed her the date.

"If you don't have it, that's fine." Ben said as he put his phone in his pocket.

"No, no, no. I was fully messing with you. I knew it was Thursday. I just have one more thing to go bake and then I am all yours." Mal said.

"Well, what about class?" Ben asked.

"She multitasks." Mal said as she flipped her hair.

"She dabbles." Ben said as Mal headed for class.

"She dabbles."