Chapter 1

"Mr.Konecki," Taylor said as he opened the back door of the jet black suv.

"Thank you Taylor," he said as he flicked his wrist to look at his 24 karat gold watch. He looked up at the building before walking in. He pressed the button to the floor his office was on.

"Good morning Mr.Konecki." Ana, his receptionist, smiled as she saw him walk in the door.

"Good morning Ms.Green," he said as he continued walking.

"I'll take your jacket," Ana said as she pulled the sleeves of his jacket.

"Thank you Ana," he said as he fixed the sleeves of his shirt.

"You're welcome Mr.Konecki, you have someone waiting for you in your office," she said as she held his jacket.

"Thank you once again Ana," he said before heading into his office.

"Hello," he said as he entered the office.

"Hello, I'm Adele, Adele Adkins," she says putting her hand out for him to shake.

"Hello Adele, I'm Simon, Simon Konecki," he said shaking her hand.

She watched him as he went to sit across her. She felt her back full with goosebumps as she watched his every move.

"So what brought you to meet with me today, Ms. Adkins?" he asked as rested his hands on the arm rests of his chair.

"I um, I am filling in for Ms. Johnson which I'm sure you were expecting, she um she's not feeling great today," she explained.

"Ah yes, I was expecting a Johnson not an Adkins," he said as his piercing blue eyes never left her ocean green ones. She looked away and looked down at the notebook she had in her hands, which were now sweating.

"So you're studying Journalism as well?" he asked intrigued.

"Eh, um no, English, English lit," she mumbled before looking up at him once more. She turned on the recorder as he just nodded. They say in silence for a few seconds before he stood up and sat closer to her.

"Are you ready sir," she asked looking up from her notebook at him.

"I'm ready when you are," he casually stated with a shrug of the shoulders causing her to smile a little.

"Ah, okay let's see here, um, to whom do you owe-" she says before he cuts her off.

"Owe all my success to?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," she says looking up at him.

"Are you serious?" he asks in a tone of disbelief.

"Yes," she says.

He grabs the nape of his neck before standing up.

"Business is about people, people are about business, I as a person understand people," he says as he walks a few steps before looking back at her watching him.

"Maybe all your success is due to luck?" she questions.

"I don't believe in luck, it's my hard work and determination that has got me to where I am," he says.

"My success is also made from a bunch of individuals who've helped and have witnessed the growing of this company," he adds.

"You're company is a global leader in communications technologies but you also focus on eco manufacturing, and next generation farming solutions, like projects in helping out third world countries, is that something you're passionate about Mr. Konecki?" she asks.

"It's how business works Ms. Adkins, it doesn't mean that I'm not passionate about it, but don't you think that's how it works?" he asks.

"I don't know much about business, so I have no comment on that one Mr. Konecki," she says.

"Do you have anything you enjoy out of work?" she asks.

"I enjoy many things out of work, Ms. Adkins—" he says before being cut off the the door swinging open.

"Mr. Konecki, you have a meeting in the conference room," Allison his secretary says.

"Cancel it," he says.

"As you wish Mr.Konecki," she says before shutting her door.

"Wait, no-" she says before he cuts her off.

"You intrigue me Ms. Adkins, tell me something about yourself," he says.

"I- there's nothing interesting to know about me sir," she stammers.

"You said your an English major right?" he asks.

she nods her head.

"What are your plans after you graduate?" he asks.

"I'm just trying to get through finals right now," she says.

"And after you do?" he asks.

"I don't know sir," she replies.

Hi y'all I decided to upload a book and this is the first chapter I hope y'all like it so far don't forget to vote and comment if you have any suggestions.
-Ney💞