Chapter 3

"Are you done?" Rose asks Adele who was watering the plants displayed on the shop's windows.

"Yeah, what's up?" she said as she wiped her hands on her apron.

"There's a customer," she says before leaving into the back room.

"Okay I guess," she mumbles before heading to the counter.

"Hi how can I help you?" she asks to the man turned around looking at the white roses.

"Hello, Ms. Adkins," he says turning around to look at Adele who stood there in shock.

"Hello, Mr. Konecki," she said as she leaned on the counter.

"What a pleasant surprise, to see you working here" he smiled.

"What the—"she said before giving him a tight lip smile. "Need help on anything?" she asked.

"Why else would I be here Ms. Adkins?" he asked taking a petal off one of the white roses.

"It's Adele, and please don't do that," she says placing her hand on his to move it away from the roses.

She began showing him the many types of plants Rose sold in her shop.

"We have a wide selection of flowers, do you have any in mind?" she asked.

"Surprise me Adkins," he smirked.

"Adele, it's Adele," she said before leading him into the isle full of roses.

"Red and white roses are some of our best sellers," she says handing him a red rose.

"So what exactly do you want me to do with it," he asked as he put the rose on his ear making her giggle.

"Don't do that, smell it," she smiled as she took it off his ear. He smiles at her as she handed it to him before he smelled the freshly cut rose.

After he choose the roses she secured the dozen of roses with an elastic rubber band, then wrapped it in purple and pink tissue paper, then finally putting it in brown paper.

"What are the roses for?" she asks as she puts the roses down on the counter typing in the cost into the cash register.

"Decorating purposes," he says taking out his credit card.

"Interesting," she says.

"How much is it?" he asks.

"16.50," she replies.

After he finishes paying he slides a card over to her.

"And this is ?" she asks.

"It's my number, it's obvious isn't it," he says before grabbing the bouquet of flowers and exiting the store.

She grabs the card and walks to the shop window watching him get into a black Cadillac Elmiraj.

Hola, I hope y'all enjoyed chapter 3 don't forget to vote and comment if you have any suggestions thank you for reading
-Ney💕