4

-

I found Alan standing in front of his locker, busy tidying his things inside the locker.

I approached him quietly.

"Are you angry at me?"I asked as I didn't want to lose another friend just because of a tiny mistake I made.

"No, I am not,"he said as he shut the door of his locker."Why would you think of me like that?"

I felt his eyes on me, waiting for an answer.

"I just wonder...if you would be jelly or not."

"Ha,"he laughed. "You should know that I am not that kind of person."

My heart's relieved to see him like that, being casual as he always did.

We walked to the gym as we had PE together.

Mr Thompson was standing in front of the gym, asking all the boys and girls to get changed.

I followed the girls to the ladies' changing room and quickly change into my PE clothes.

Just to tell you here that the whole class was having the same PE period every Thursday so Brad, James, Connor, Tristan are all there and so as Shawn.

I moved quickly inside the crowd as Mr Thompson was doing a demonstration of using different kind of gym equipments.

I found Alan in the crowd as I was nervous to be with other people to form a pair.

"So, that's all of it and now I'm gonna divide you guys to different pairs,'said Mr Thompson as he finished the demonstration.

May God bless me please.

"James with Alan, Tiffany with David, Noel with Eddie..."he named the pairs.

Now I had so much hope for being in a pair with someone nice.

"Oops, don't your class have even number of students?"he looked up from the namelist with a brow frowned.

"Nevermind, then,"he said to himself.

"Okay, so we've got 3 students to be in a group and they're Alice, Shawn and Brad, the new one,"he winked at me.

Shoot.

While those girls in the class are all looking at me with an admiring look, they didn't really know how bad luck I was to be with this two boys.

Brad walked to me with an I-was-forced-by-somebody-to-be-in-the-same-group-as-you-did look on his face.

He stood next to me as Shawn did and I could tell that their height difference was quite large.

I chuckled and he seemed to notice that though he said nothing.

"Now, the stronger one in the group do 10 push-ups with another one sitting on his or her back. Except the three-people-group, you two boys have to do it separately with the girl on your backs. Alice, you're really lucky,"he teased.

My face's gone entirely red when he read my name.

"So, now, 'beep-'"he whistled.

"Alice, come here,"Shawn said as he was ready for the push-ups, laying himself to the ground and putting his back to face us.

I carefully sat on his body, and I felt that he was struggling a bit.

I looked at Brad's face to see his expression and he was just watching us with disdain on his face.

After the 10 push-ups of Shawn, and it's now Brad's turn.

Everyone's watching us as they had all finished the push-ups.