12

-

And yeah for hell's sake why were I with him going to school together?

I should feel so good when he didn't bully me or what. My mind was full of ways to deal with bullies and harassment at that moment.

And when he called me, I actually jumped off.

"Gosh,"I said as I jumped off, "you scare the heck out of me."

One of his eyebrows was raised up and he said," just to tell you that we are almost at school," he paused as if he were thinking of something," have you eaten your breakfast?"

I looked at him as he was smiling at me embarrassedly, I could tell that he was hungry.

"Well, fine,"I grinned, "let's go inside the cafe and have something first."

So we got into the cafe and we both ordered something, which I almost forgot about my pack of breakfast. Well, probably left that to lunch. It's the best choice.

When the waiter gave us our food, he started munching immediately.

I saw him put one piece of pancake into his mouth and munched them quickly, then put another piece and so on. I laughed a little bit as if he didn't notice which I actually found him cute at the moment.

And while he was focused on eating, I took a look on my watch and found out that it was half past eight. I literally gave up my mind of going to school on time.

So I started having my breakfast as I ate the pancakes.

When the time I finished, he already done having his coffee and looked at me with thoughts.

I quickly drank my coffee and opened my bag, flipping through stuffs to find my wallet. And he seemed to know what I was doing as he quickly took the notes and handed it to the cashier.

As we both walked out of the cafe, I shyly looked at him.

"Thanks for that,"I said, I felt my face becoming hotter and hotter.

"Welcome,"he said as if it was a piece of cake to him. And he smiled and I could see his dimple.

We walked through the hallway and no one was there, so we actually late for approximately half an hour. And that did broke my record as I had never been late.

Good job, Alice. Legitimately good.

I quickly took my books for maths from my locker as it's the first period and we were having the period together.

So we walked to the classroom together.

Well, great, late with a boy who's sitting next to you. Should I say that I was lucky?

And when I knocked the door and opened it, I could feel that the whole class was staring at us so as Mrs Regan. I walked in and he followed and he closed the door behind.

"Well, Alice and Bradley, can you explain that Why you two were late for half an hour?"she asked with suspicion in her tone.

I opened my mouth and almost said something out when he just interrupted by standing out for us.

"Sorry, Mrs Regan, we're late as we barely slept last night which we just woke up late,"he explained in a polite tone, he carefully spoke each word out.

She nodded as if she just accepted our apologise.

"So go and sit down," she nodded at the two empty seats that were together.

We walked to our seats and sat down. I quickly asked Gabrielle what she was teaching as I missed half of the lesson.

"Explain this to you later,"she said as she was focused on the lesson, which I was in astonishment as I thought that she was still sad about the things that just happened last night.

So I gave up my mind and I just tried to understand what she was teaching.

-

Brad's P.O.V

Well, I never thought that I would be late after playing a gig and... with a girl.

I spent the whole maths lesson, which I was present for half of it, trying to focus on what the teacher was teaching. But I failed. She caught my whole attention. Was I falling for her or what? But if I really did fall for her, would it feel too bad that I was just dreaming alone while she probably hated me inside her heart? But I really couldn't stop myself looking at her. I meant, for the first time I met her. I already found her quite special as I never saw a girl who would ever retort instead of being fake as fuck and tried to keep her first impression perfect. I was really impressed by that. And then, the more and more I found out of her, I liked her more. At the perspective of sitting next to her, I could see her quite beautiful as she really was. And she was just so concentrated on the lesson as she didn't notice me looking at her. I chuckled as she frowned at what the teacher was teaching as we were both late. Probably not an option for a maths geek to be absent for half a lesson I thought.

I just lost in my thoughts for the rest of the lesson and luckily I didn't catch the teacher's attention.

So just after the bell went I packed my books and stood up and was trying to leave the classroom.

And I felt someone tapped me so I just turned my head around and saw her.

"Hey,"she said, with a polite and shy tone.

"Huh?"I asked.

"Thank you for last night, I mean it was great for me,"she paused and smiled at me. "But maybe please not do this before school day, I afraid I would probably be late again,"her tone switched quickly as if she was anxious about that.

I laughed.

"Well...probably I should've let you not even being here today,"I chuckled as I looked at her.

She didn't look away from me. Well, that's pretty weird. And she just looked into my eyes that made me turned my eyes away instead.

"So bye!" she said with a casual tone.

So I just waved at her and I left the classroom before she did.

-