14

-

I went in and Mr Andersen was still not there yet.

So I just sat down on my seat next to Alan, and he was there.

"Why didn't you answer my call last night?"he asked with a bit of anger in his tone.

"Did you?"I frowned, I couldn't recall any of that."I mean I was asleep and I couldn't hear anything from you."

I took my phone out for checking, there was really a call log of him.

"Well, fine,"he shrugged and looked away from me as the teacher came in.

I looked over my seat, the seat behind Noel was still empty.

I felt a bit disappointed and I turned away.

And just after a few minutes, I saw that familiar figure at the door again. He wore the same leather jacket as usual and just with a different shirt inside, and with those black tight jeans and the same black shoes, he slowly walked in and sat down on his seat.

"Em-hm,"Mr Andersen cleared his throat. "So due to what happened last time, I decided to make an arrangement of your seats, not only the three involved, but all of you."

Alan started to panic as I could see it on his face.

"And yeah, that's it,"he said as he put the new seating plan under the projector, and we could all see it from the screen.

I scanned through it and quickly found my name, I was sitting next to Gabrielle, thanks God for that.

And when I just searched for the ones sitting behind me, that was Judy and...Shawn.

Well, very disappointed.

At least I had got Gabrielle. We were besties.

That was extremely funny when he just put Brad in front of him. Like he's the kid needed most protection from the teacher in case of getting hurt, and he was sitting next to...Alan.

Well, at least you wouldn't cry. We should all cry for Judy.

And I hoped that Shawn wouldn't ever bother more in the future.

So the lesson started after we all followed the new seating plan. And he started a new topic.

I flipped through my book and yawned. Still sleepy after asleep for more than 10 hours.

I jotted down the notes he writes on the board and we just spent a lesson over those notes.

I packed up the books and put them into my backpack, then I just tried to stand up and someone forced me to sit.

I looked around and found Shawn, who was trying not to let go of me.

"Shawn, that's enough,"I hissed.

"I still want you back,"he insisted.

"Let go of me,"I struggled to stand up, but he's way too strong and he pulled me down.

I searched for help but most of the classmates were gone.

"I've to go,"I made another try,"I still got lessons."

"Nah, stay with me,"he stressed.

I was really annoyed and sick of that this time.

"Please just don't touch me, we're not anything now,"I snapped.

"Yeah, we are, why aren't we? You still love me, don't you?"he acted like he's casual, though I could see the tension on his muscles when he spoke.

"Gosh, you've already made me late for ten minutes,"I tried to convince him of letting me go for the next lesson.

"Nah, it's just stupid maths, you're a Math geek, you could have done very well without lessons,"he blinked.

"Shawn, why couldn't you just let go of me? We're not even friends now!"I said, trying to break his heart.

"We're more than friends,"he still insisted."Let me kiss you."

"Shawn-"he pressed his lips against mine strongly, and that's very strange I didn't even have feelings against him.

He hardly released my lips as we had got a visitor outside the lab.

He quickly turned away and pretended nothing happened.

The visitor opened the door and walked in.

"Alice,"a brummie voice said behind me,"Mrs Regan already started the lesson."

I immediately recognised the person and I quickly took my things and ran out of the lab.

He closed the door behind him and I could see from the window, Shawn was still there.

"Hey,"he started off.

I looked at him as I turned my head without saying a thing.

"The boys said that there will be a little adventure at a haunted house on Halloween, will you come?"he said shyly and after he finished the sentence, he smiled a little bit.

"What time is that?"I asked.

"About 8 to 10."

"Well, then yeah,"I answered, looking at his expression carefully.

We continued our way to the classroom.

So when we're at the door, I knocked and gentler pushed it open. Mrs Regan was standing there, looking at me with a brow up.

"So, Alice would you please explain why you were absent for 15 minutes of the lesson?"she asked, looking at me with suspicion.

"Nah, the teacher kept her longer for ten minutes so she was late,"Brad interrupted me when I tried to say something.

I never thought that he would help me.

"Oh, really?"Mrs Regan asked with her brow raised. "So then go back to your seat, Alice. You better be more punctual next time,"she nodded at my seat."Yeah, also thank you Brad for getting her back,"she smiled at him."

He rubbed his hair shyly and followed me to his seat.

"Thank you for helping me to explain,"I said as the lesson ended, while everyone was packing up their books and stuffs.

"Welcome,"he said coolly, liked he was trying to forbid something.

My anger just suddenly popped out and I slapped his face.

He looked at me shockedly, wasn't sure what was that for.

I picked up my stuffs and walked out of the classroom, I felt tears started running down my cheek.

-