19

-

Saturday morning

I couldn't pick up any clothes as in my wardrobe, there's hardly ever a dress. So I just simply text Gabrielle and see if she is free to go shopping with me.

Heeeeey

I texted.

Are you free today? I need a dress for tonight's party and if you go and do some shopping with me, I will gladly bring you there:)

After a few minutes, my phone buzzed as she quickly replied.

Yeah, why not? I mean, I need boys at the moment XD

I laughed as I typed a LOL emoji and sent.

But, is that you're coming to my house or what?

Another message popped up.

Wait at yours, no problem x

I put down my phone on my desk and went downstairs finding Mum for some advices on what I should wear.

"Mum, I'm going on a party tonight, what do you think I should wear?"I asked her with huge excitement.

"With who?"she raised an eyebrow as if she was interested.

"Gabri and...a friend of mine,"I hesitated as I didn't tell her about Brad.

"Is that friend a boy or a girl?"she continued asking.

"Mum!"I shouted. " It was just a party!"

"Okok, maybe something dark or what,"she said as she finally got her eyes on me and judged over me.

I looked at her with a satisfied smile.

"And do you need to do some shopping? Ask Gabri out or what?"she asked, getting the exact right answer.

"Yeah, I was planning to go out with her."

"So be careful sweetheart,"she said as she was actually planning to leave home for some issues. "Is that you're having lunch together?"she gave me one last look before she stepped out of the house.

"Mum, I'm already seventeen, I know how to take care of myself ok? And also the answer is that yes we're having lunch outside together,"I quickly spit the words out and she finally walked out of the house with no return.

I shut the door in front of me and quickly ran back to my room for picking up an outfit for the shopping. I simply put on a logo t-shirt and blue ripped jeans. Then I stuffed all my stuffs into my bag and zipped it up.

I stepped outside the house and locked the door behind me, leaving and headed for Gabrielle's house.

I politely rang the door and her mum opened it for me, surprisingly looked at me.

"Hey, Alice,"she looked amazed. "It was a long time since last time we met, are you doing well?"she asked, giving me a warm hug as she was always so enthusiastic.

"I'm doing pretty good lately,"I replied as she let go of me.

She then patted my shoulders,"Gabri is waiting for you in her room, you may go upstairs to get her."

"Thanks."

I walked directly towards her room and I found the door unlocked. I gradually pushed it open and saw her busily chatting with someone on phone.

I intended to give her a surprise as I tiptoed and gave a few soft taps her shoulder as I approached her.

"Aaaaah!"she screamed and nervously looked around, finding the one who just scared her.

I looked at her and grinned.

"Oh, dear!"she said as she hugged me. It's like over months since the last tine I was in her house.

"So...Let's go if you're ready,"I cheered, optimistically looking at the direction of where she had put her phone, as the screen was still lit up-the person on her phone was still waiting for her to speak up.

"Oooh,"she noticed as she picked it up again, explaining all the stuffs and finally, got it hung up after minutes.

"So you're finished talking on your phone?"I asked her, only to make it certain.

"Yeah, and I think maybe let me pick an outfit and just hang out!"she shouted excitedly.

And I just let her done all her make-ups and things that I hardly ever did. Just felt tired to do that much work before you ever go out.

"Done!"she said, her eyes sparkling and yet, I had long time not hanging out with a girl, which making me looks so man as I stayed too much with boys and all doing boy's stuffs.

"So pick your bag and let's go!"I grinned.

We stepped out of the house as her mum waved us goodbye before we got on a taxi.

As we arrived the shopping mall, we got in the outlets one by one.

"Is this good?"she asked, hanging a blue laced dress on her body, looking herself into the mirror.

"Quite nice,"I muttered as I wasn't actually paying any much attention to her.

I'm selfish, I knew.

And after a round of searching, I legitimately gave up as there was nothing that really could catch my eyes.

She got out of the fitting room as I sat down on the bench, helping her to safeguard her stuffs.

She then started spinning and I yawned.

"Is this good?"she asked, looking in the mirror, appreciating herself from different angles.

"Yeah, it was better than the blue laced one,"I commented, only to let her feel that at least I've paid some attention on her.

And she showed me a satisfied smile as she walked over to the counter, paid for the dress.

I followed her out of the shop as she entered another one.

"So, this is the time you should help me get something,"I bargained,crossing my arms.

"Yeah, I will,"she promised. "I'm not like you, easy to get bored,"she teased, smirking.

"That whole thing is that you have got good taste, so I'm just letting you showing your talent out,"I winked, convincing her to help me pick something up even though I knew that she must.

When she handed me a black dress, I grinned at her widely as I'm quite satisfied with what she has done.

"Go and give it a try,"she nodded at the fitting room.

I grabbed it and put it on, slowly pulled the curtain and walked out of it.

"This is pretty good,"she commented. "I think you'll smash it."

"Also, just remember to give better comments next time,"she teased jokely.

I rolled my eyes and paid for the dress. Then we walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

"Um...got any boy you're interested in?"she asked, all out of a sudden, putting a slice of meat into her mouth.

"Probably yes,"I moaned, the food inside my mouth was still in there, I mean I was still munching.

"Who is that?"she asked with full of interest.

"You'll get to know it tonight."

"Did you ever get to approach him or what?"

"Gosh, you sounded like you're a police and eager to find out who is the killer,"I teased. "You really want to know what happened between us?"I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Sure."

"So it's like we're out for Halloween night with his 3 friends and also Alan,"I paused with hesitation saying Alan's name out. "And then we're stuck in a room and then this happened: we kissed. And that's all of it."

She looked amazed as she continued,"I must see this boy tonight haha, as to, you know, help you better judge him."

"Okok,"I said.

-