15

-

I didn't go to anywhere. I went to the restroom instead. I shut the door behind me and I found myself burst into tears.

I thought we both knew that we had been developing a relationship together, no matter if it's just friends or what. But...does it mean that you can just hide your feelings and pretend nothing ever happened? I totally didn't get a shit about it.

And I spent the whole free lesson down in the restroom. Well, wasting my time in a very expert way.

I quickly wiped the tears as I heard someone's footsteps, apparently someone was outside the restroom. So I tried to keep myself calm.

And the person outside the door wasn't just passing by or going away. He or she was staying.

"Hey,"The person started speaking,"who's inside it?"

I immediately recognised the voice and I quickly opened the door and got out of it.

It's Alan.

I was lucky that I still had got someone to hold on to, except my parents.

"Why were you crying?"he asked with concern on his face.

"Nothing,"I said, my voice was shaking.

"C'mon girl, we're besties. You should tell me about what's going on,"he raise an eyebrow and looked at me with a serious and caring look.

"No, it's that I just slapped someone's face..."I kept my voice low as I felt a bit sorry for Brad.

At least I shouldn't have done that.

"But why were you crying?"he asked. I knew that my eyes couldn't tell lie. They were bloody red.

"Just a bit too emotional,"I sniffed.

He patted my shoulder and said,"stop crying then, you know the thing, you look better when you smile," he winked at me.

I laughed. And yeah excepted from my parents, he is the only one I love.

We knew each other since kindergarten and even in middle school and high school, we're still at the same school.

We walked through the hallway together as it's almost time for lunch.

And we sat near the table just as we did everyday.

I got my pack of lunch out and opened the lid of the box. It's something more than salad finally.

"Am I too obvious to look like I cried?"I asked suddenly, considering if others would ever tease me for that.

"Nah, it was getting better,"he said.

And I suddenly reminded that he was single for a bit too long.

I neglected that since I broke up with Shawn.

"Um...Alan, may I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Have you found any attractive girls? I mean for being your girlfriend,"I joked.

"Um...yes...But..."he said shyly.

I interrupted him,"so go and take her,"I smirked, waiting for his answer.

He didn't give a response so I just looked around the place.

I found a blond girl looking at him.

"Maybe that one?"I asked, nodded my head towards that direction.

His sight followed mine as he quickly replied,"Nah, she's not even pretty as you."

I laughed,"Well, but she looks like that she finds you attractive."

"But I've got no interest in her,"he paused."I mean I don't even know her name."

I didn't reply that. Well, that's his own thing. I really had no need to interfere with that.

So I continued my lunch as I picked up the sandwich and took a bite on it. And I remembered that there would be an adventure in haunted house on Halloween. I told him about that and saw if he would go.

"Will you go with us?"I asked. " It would be fun."

"Yeah, I think. I don't have that much candies for those kids you know,"he joked.

We laughed so hard.

"So maybe I ask them the time and let's wait at your house?" he asked. I could clearly see that he's got into it.

So I said yes as to make him happy.

-