22

-

The doorbell rang as the pizza was delivered to us, James picked it up and paid the bills.

"Thanks for paying," I said, grinning , taking a bit of a slice of pizza.

He simply smiled and joined all the boys with everyone having a slice of pizza on their hands.

"Need some drinks?" Brad asked as he opened the fridge door.

"Yeah," I answered as he handed me a can of cola.

After stuffing three slices of pizza into my stomach, I felt entirely full. So I opened the lid of the can of cola and started drinking.

"Are you guys gonna stay here for night?"I asked out of curiosity.

"Probably,"James shrugged. "But you may go home first...with Brad,"he smirked.

The rest of them laughed as my face turned red.

"My mum don't even know that I have a boyfriend...at the moment,"I rolled my eyes.

"Haven't you tell her that you just met a handsome guy from school and you just fell in love with him?"Brad joked sarcastically.

"Oh darn,"I rolled my eyes. "You're way too self-confident. I wanted to punch you in face when I first met you."

"Oh, did you?"he chuckled.

"Brad, she hates you,"said Tris as an observer.

"Haha, then you're gotta hate me more,"he smirked.

"God, I really do hate you now."

"Lovebirds,"commented Connor, smiling at us.

"So, if you guys stay here for the night, what will you do?"I asked, tried to change the subject.

"Um...find a movie or drama to watch I think,"answered Tris. "Probably something scary if you are staying."

"Stop teasing me, guys,"I laughed.

"As you are the only girl here, we should tease you for sure," smirked Brad.

"Now I really want home so much,"I joked.

"Then, need a ride or what?"Brad immediately responded as if he thought that I was really heading home.

"Just joking,"I laughed at his serious reaction. "But I think I needa be back home as my mum would be worried at me."

"So I will ride you home at 9?"he asked.

"Sure, thanks,"I said out of politeness.

-

So after some time we spent together with the boys chatting, Brad decided to drive me back home as my mum would be worried of me.

When he dropped me off in front of the house gate, he left a kiss on my forehead and waved bye to me. I did the same and smiled at him.

Then I decide to ring the doorbell as to notice my mum that I was back home.

She opened up the door just two seconds after I rang the bell, Brad's car wasn't far away so she guessed that it was something related to me.

"Um, did someone drive you back home tonight?"she asked, frowning.

"Yeah, as you see,"I shrugged, looking at the direction of Brad's car, it disappeared at the corner of the street.

"I guess you've got a lot to talk to me,"she smiled, letting me go into the house.

I sat down on the sofa as she closed the door and walked over, sitting next to me, waiting for my story.

"Well, mum..."I started as I really didn't know where to begin. So I just rather told her that Brad was my boyfriend. "I've got a new boyfriend."

At that precise moment I felt her glare on my which made me shivered a bit. I still didn't know what would be her reaction towards that. She didn't even know who is Brad!

"Wow, such a big move for you,"her tone is encouraging. "I'm happy for you. You know, to get over that jerk."

"Mum, let's not talk about those ugly past please."

"I know,"she replied as she looked at me with the look of "let's continue".

"So he is basically my classmate. I mean he is one of the four new boys transfer to out school. But you know love ain't always at the first sight as he didn't actually give me a good first impression at all,"I chuckled as we teased each other a lot. "And just here to tell you something, he's pretty good-looking."

"Oh, really?"she burst into laughter. "Is he being nice to you after that no good first impression at all?"

"Nah, Mum. He's not what he looks like. Once Shawn punched him in a lesson. That's way too bad for him,"I sighed.

"Ugh, poor boy. Maybe that's the problem of being good-looking,"she joked with compassion.

"And I just reported to the teacher when I saw it happened. But it was too late as he got few scratches on his face. I still now feel sorry for him.  I should've done that earlier."

"Sweetie, that's already the best of you. You don't need to feel guilty."

"Mum, stop commenting for a while please. I still haven't finished!"

"Okay, okay. Go on."

"After me and Alan went to the health care room and let the nurse there to take care of him. Someone appeared as I walked back to the classroom and ready to leave,"I paused for a while and let her made a little guess of the person.

"Is that...Shawn?"she answered with uncertainty as her voice went a bit low.

"Yeah, he claimed that he still want to be with me and kissed me. And the boy saw the whole thing as he waited for me at the end of the hallway, just to say thank you. And that was not the thing I thought he would do at first. I found him pretty warm as he comfort me a lot. I mean really A LOT."

"So now this boy is quite into you I guess."

"We're both into each other. Today he brought me to a studio and gave me a surprise by singing a song to me and asked me to be her girlfriend,"I was over excitement. "Oops, with his band,"I added.

"He's quite talented if you say so. Whatever, sweetheart, I'm always gonna be there supporting you no matter what happen. If you can find someone that you think you can rely on, I won't say no to that. I just want you to be happy,"she gave me a warm smile.

I smiled back and hugged her. After all, she's still the best mum in the world.

So I went up stairs after I said goodnight to her. I took a quick shower and fell asleep.

-