20

-

Party night

I dressed up and waited for him at the house, he showed up slowly and walked towards me, gently took my hand with him and kissed it.

Then I looked at him, dressed like a gentleman, with a shirt and pants instead the leather jackets he always wears.

He smiled widely as he was really happy.

We quickly caught up with the boys as they were all with their partners, and for Tris, Anastasia.

"Hey, Alice,"Tris said as he waved at me, showing me his girlfriend. "This is Anastasia, my girlfriend."

I looked at her, smiled and shook her hand, considering how a tall and fine figure she could be, unlike me, being small as hell.

"We're having the same history period together,  don't you remember?"she asked politely, trying to bring us in some connection.

Then I recalled that she was the girl sitting at the corner of the classroom, that I hardly noticed.

"Oh,"I said. "Maybe because you're so tall and I'm so short so I hardly noticed you,"I smiled embarrassedly.

"Never mind,"she smiled. "We can be friends."

I nodded as she turned away from me, walking with Tris to socialise with others.

I quickly turned back and found Brad, hanging a glass of wine and talking to one of his friends, well, I didn't know who was that so I just simply waited for him quietly.

As he finished their conversation, he slowly walked towards me and rubbed his hair.

"Um...What should we do then?"he asked.

"Well, let me find Gabrielle first as she...you know disappeared by busy hanging with boys at the moment,"I joked.

"Maybe I wait here for you, and you go and get her?"he chuckled.

"Yeah, sure,"I said as I left a kiss on his face, turning away from him and went into the crowd.

I hardly saw her as there were a lot of people.

So I went through the crowd, struggled as I was squeezed by people, all dancing in the pool.

I walked over to the outer part of the house, where the swimming pool and the BBQ stove are, and there were fewer people. So it would be easier to find her among those.

But just after rounds of wandering around, I couldn't find her and it seemed like I've caught other's attention instead.

So I walked away embarrassedly until I saw someone showed up in front of me.

It was Alan.

"Alan, I never thought that you are here, who were you with?"I asked casually, trying to pretend that I was in a very good mood and nothing ever happened between us.

He hardly gave a response as he just stared at me, with a look I had never ever saw from his eyes.

"Hey?"I said, trying to get him at least said something out.

He said nothing but just shifted towards me, I felt a bit unsure of what he's gonna do so I just moved backwards.

I kept moving until I reached the wall, that's the dead end which I couldn't move backwards anymore.

And he kept approaching me, stopped until we're only few inches far.

He roughly pushed me against the wall and put his lips on mine. I didn't get what that's meant for.