Chapter Four

The redhead was rifling through her pantry as Hermione stood there with a glass of wine. It was two in the afternoon and entirely out of character for the woman to drink this year, let alone at all. Ron had blathered on for the last three days of Hermione's conversation with Zabini, so Ginny knew something happened.

"How did your interview with Zabini go?" Ginny murmured, debating if she wanted to toss or condense the crackers.

Hermione quaffed her wine before answering. "Good, Regulus was charming, much like we remember Sirius being." She said, but a hint of too false happiness was in her tone.

"And Draco?" Ginny questioned which Hermione ran her hand through her curly hair.

"I see him tomorrow," the curly-haired woman replied.

"So, you are standing at my counter drinking wine at two in the afternoon like Sirius Black because?"

Hermione groaned and rubbed her face before pinching the bridge of her nose. "He is a terror from the way they make it sound. An awful shell of a man and worse I am sure than in school. The only benefit is he can't see my face if he hurts my feelings now," she muttered then tossed her head back with a groan. "I have to go work at his house!"

"And the money?" Ginny pulled her face from the pantry to look at her entirely.

"Astronomically high. I am making more than Harry," Hermione sighed and tried for a smile.

The redhead's face manipulated and skewed. "That sounds to me like they either really want to keep you, or he's really that much of an arsehole," she snorted.

"Probably both. Regulus seemed-" Hermione paused and exhaled. "He seemed like he was through with his cousin's pity party."

"So, he's going to be miserable to work for," Ginny grumbled and opened the fridge. "What are you going to do?"

"What I always do, Gin. Grin and bear it. Even if he is the biggest arsehole on this side of the planet- which let's face it, he is Draco Malfoy. I am still going to do the job. Regulus made it pretty clear that he wants me to move up."

"Under Draco?" Ginny snickered as she pulled out a carton of juice.

Hermione groaned and waved her off. "He'll have bigger fish to fry than to bother me if that were ever the case. Besides, Regulus gave me a working name. An alias so that there isn't any mocking from his side. He won't have a clue who I am because- well- he is blind." She finished the drained her glass.

Ginny gasped loudly, and the carton was set down with an audible thump. "That. Is. Evil," she paused, and her grin grew maniacal, "I love it! Was that Regulus's idea?"

Her curls bounced as she agreed. "Yes, and he told me to enjoy it. There were reasons I'm sure he was an Anguis. A slithering snake that one," she told Ginny who waved her along.

The redhead walked out into the dining area, "You boys come get some juice," she told the kids who were making a block fort in the living room.

"Make faces behind his back," Ginny snickered, and Hermione gasped.

"Don't you listen to your aunt, that's wrong," Hermione told Teddy who grabbed his half-full cup.

"Yep, mum," Teddy murmured.

James, however, had different plans and started making silly faces while Albus clapped. "My sneaky little boys. You do that to daddy when he gets home, alright?" Ginny said with a bright smile.

"I will never understand you, Gin," Hermione laughed, and the redhead bobbed her head.

She paused and lifted her finger. "You said that Draco and Regulus were cousins?" Ginny questioned with a tilt of her head.