{1}

I wake up to a buzzing alarm. Its 6:45 and time to get up and go to school. Wednesdays are always the worst day of the week, my timetable for today sucks. I spend sometime looking though my phone. I gave up all personal social media accounts due to it all being trash posted on them ages ago. So i look though my little monster page on twitter and Instagram, oh and of course Tumblr. Its strange but i feel safe on these accounts, i have my internet friends and its a non judgmental space. Even one has something or someone in common here. The little white clock at the top of my phone ticks onto 7 i defiantly need to make the decision to get up.

I have to get up and get ready for the day of amusement at school ahead. I pull on my school uniform, white shirt, tie, blazer, school skirt and tights. I know straight away that Mum is about to tell me that my skirt is too short, even though it's barely above my knees. Its not going any lower its not meant to be ankle length, though i am sure Mum would be happy if it was. I apply my make up with plenty of mascara, i can't help but do what is generally called a mirror face. Rolling my eyes basically. My long blond hair with tints of ginger falls below my shoulders as i rub volume boost in my roots. I pull my fringe into place and smile. At least i don't mind how my face looks. Pulling my two thin strands of hair back on each side and pinning them at the back thinking about what i have to do after school today. It comes down to finishing the book i have to read for English and then going and meeting up with old friends in town. All that's left to do is walk downstairs into the kitchen. Breakfast cereal is left on the table from Jane using it. I don't do breakfast I can't deal with food at this time of the day. I see my sister pouring the milk onto her cereal, her glass of orange juice in a mug glass. Seeing her makes me a little happier, something about knowing she's happy and okay rubes off on me in some way. For her age she's happy and carefree also very unaware of what the world has to told. She looks over to me and offers a very chirpy good morning. She then laughs at my unimpressed face as seven oclock in the morning is not my time and she knows it. I can't help but break out in a smile.

We both sit at the kitchen counter and chat whilst looking at our phones again. I flick through the oh so happy news and read a story about mental health and how many things are starting to help.

"Millie have you seen this? James has downed something Yassin gave him at school and he's in hospital now getting his stomach pumped." She says seriously with only a bit of a smile about the stupidity.

Why did this not surprise me. Our school is not classed as rough but we do have some real idiotic boys, well and girls at that to be honest. School is this little weird world. Everything is over dramatized and its like somewhere hidden from reality, if understand what I'm getting at. People care but then they don't care all at the same time. As i said weird.

Mum's walked into the kitchen and she hasn't said a word to me. She's making small talk with Jane about sleep and homework, I've got glances but nothing more. I get down from the table and just as i have Mum's decided to turn around and look at me walk out. I get to the doors before she starts.

"Millie that skirt is too short pull it down this minute or else there will be trouble." Mum says in these angry tones that i am far too familiar with. She always use classic 'you're in trouble' tones that any children's writer would use to show a normal angry nanny.

"Good morning Mum, yes i did sleep well thanks. How did you sleep?" I reply, immediately regretting it. That wasn't the best idea but in my defence she didn't even have the decency to say good morning and then she went and told me off. My new years resolution was to not land myself in worst trouble than i could be in if prevented but it failed long ago.

She glares at me and i thank whatever gods somewhere that its almost time for us to leave for school. "Millie, pull it down. I'm taking your laptop away. Learn how to be pleasant to your parents."

Jane gets the message and grabs her school bag from the sofa pushing her feet into her shoes. She shouts a goodbye and a 'I love you' to Mum before she leaves. I shout a goodbye that gets ignored anyway but its a try.