{21}

I woke up to the beautiful view my room at of the city. Gaga's house was in London for ease and everything else. The front faced onto a wonderful city street, which was picture perfect beyond believable. The back however looked out over the hills. I forgot to close my curtains so the summer sun had woken me up 30 minutes before the alarm. I was fine with this, it gave me time to collect my thoughts fully. After becoming more aware of the world I noticed another body layed next to me. Of course it was Joanne. We need to get better at going to sleep in our own beds. She wakes up and we curl up next to each other. She strokes my head and chatting to me with a dozy morning voice.

"You know Millie people in school are going to be really confused as to why your second name has changed. You may have to explain to your form. Are you ready to do that or is it too hard at the moment?" She says. I'm not sure why this would be a problem but after thinking about it for a minute I see why.

"I will be happy to explain. I don't think I'll have to unless we have a supply because no one really does last names anymore. They don't really know how bad life was at home so they might be questions about it but it's not like the whole year needs it explaining. Once I tell the form then they whole year will know with in the week. That's how gossip spreads. I am happy with you it won't be too hard to explain a happy thing. Don't worry so. I can look after myself. You need to live your life too." I say back trying to explain and stop her thinking about all these little things.

"Ok good. Just checking it's been a crazy 2 days that's all. Also your teachers are going to have a pain pronouncing 'Germanotta' I spent the whole of my school life telling people how to pronounce it." She sighs with a smile.

We get up and I get dressed. Joanne finds it funny to see me in uniform. She never had to wear uniform being American and all but we do. She had a way of creatively expressing her self within school. This has its problems inequality and all the inappropriate dress. It would have been interesting to see what Joanne wanted to wear to school and what her parents allowed. Anyway I eat breakfast with some regret and leave to meet my sister and Liz and Isa. Ella lives on a different route and walks by herself. She likes it better this way so it all works out.

"Morning." Ella jumps in before Jane for the 100th time.

"Ella for Christ's sake!" Jane complains pretending to slap her by only hitting the air near her face. They always have a competition who can say it first even though I've already walked so far with Jane that morning.

Each of us have ear phones in so I pull mine out because I have heard the same thing everyday this year. "Good morning." I laugh.

"Ok tell me everything and don't leave anything out."

I bring them up to speed on everything. I have to shut them up every 5 seconds because their questions are fast fire. We get to school and everything seems so normal compared to what the weekend has been like. One thing that has stayed the same and will always be the same when i come back. The form is in full fury over a fight that happened over the weekend. Jane is taken away by a whole group of girls busy trying to tell her a million things at once. The world seems to be looking up.