{53}

Florence opens the door and walks me in. I fell bad for what I said, i love Joanne but its hard to go to her with anything because i still don't want to worry her. I don't even what to think about how bad i made her feel with what i said about her leaving me. I turn round and hug Florence while we are still in the hall.

"Come on Mils we all know you did not mean what you said." Florence tells me.

I can hear Joanne playing piano. Florence holds back while i walk into the music room and find Joanne sat at the piano playing away like she was on stage. Her fingers where working like magic and i have a throw back to the born this away era when she played You and I on the piano. She looked so lost in it, like the music was the only thing that mattered and the only thing that will ever keep her going. Again like she was on stage. One difference this time instead of water, like she would normally drink on stage, there was a bottle of whiskey on the top of the piano. My heart drops, i know that whole bottle was sealed and full this morning as we were joking about the weird bottle. Now it only has a bit more than half left.

I watch her for some more time until she lifts her hand up to take a swig from the bottle. This is when i walk forward and lower the bottle before it reaches her lips. She just looks at me. She looks surprised and relieved. I pull her into a hug.

"I seriously thought you were never coming back. I was just about to give up everything." She tells me.

I laugh. "Miss dramatic." This makes her laugh too. "But I'm sorry i would never do that to you. I can't believe i said any of that. I didn't mean any of it. Its just still hard to get used to someone caring so much. No that's a lame excuse. I didn't mean it. Sorry. I can't believe that came out of my mouth." I looks at her.

She just holds me in a hug. I sit down and place my hands on the piano. A smile flicker's across her face. "I'm just trying to look after you."

"I know and I'm a nightmare."

I don't say anything else instead I press my fingers onto the keys. I start to sing an original I wrote on my sisters piano a few months back. I am half way though and Joanne has silent tears rolling down her face. I get to the end but I don't stop playing I start to play You and I because I need to here her sing a piano version again. She starts to play too and with no practice we played together sharing the notes with both our voices and our fingers.

"I love you Mum." I tell Joanne.

She buries her head into my shoulder and I an feel tears on my shoulder lean my head on top of her head. I stroke her head and then pick my head up when I hear laughs and screams from the kitchen.

I then hear a "Isa no, Stop." All broken apart with laughter. It's Florence's voice. "Isa Mils just practically ran away from home. They can hear us. Barely appropriate, Isaaaa."

I laugh as I realise that Florence's "best friend" Isa must be here. (I can't count the amount of rumors they are about Flo and Isa dating.) I take it Isa called to ask where Flo got up to and then she lead her here. I get up and take Jo's hand and lead her to the kitchen. I see Flo sat on the counter and Isa kissing her as she can't move away.. Joanne looks slightly shocked and then she smiles. I cough and Isa steps away and looks at her feet. Flo gets down from the counter and pulls her skirt down. They both look kind of embarrassed.

I smile "Don't look so embarrassed. Who do you think we are, your Mothers?" I ask with a cheeky grin. I forget I have never met Isa before I am just so used to seeing her in photos with Florence it is weird not seeing them together.

"Your far too young to even be laughing at that never mind tease about being mother." Florence tells me half smirking.

"Erm well that's a interesting way to meet you. Not quite what I had in mind but I'm Isa. I take it your Millie." Isa introduces her self.

"I could tell you were probably Isa by the eye liner and the fact your the only person Florence would be found kissing on the kitchen counter." I still say with cheek.

"Well I'm so happy you have that impression of me Millie." she says with sarcasm. "Hey Gaga." Isa says to Joanne.

"Hey Isa its been awhile." she says. "Come on I'm hungry lets get take away." declares Joanne.

I open my mouth to speak and I see Florence give me a 'do not go there face' I go there anyway. "I'm sure Florence was planning to eat something else."

Joanne playfully hits me and tells me to stop being so dirty minded. Florence glares at me as Joanne starts taking orders for food. We order Indian and all sit down in the lounge.

Joanne takes a photo of us all with our cards and puts it on Instagram. She puts a caption that surprises me.

"I'm really proud of you Millie and the rest of the world will probably call me mad for this, nothing new though. You sat up with us today like it was normal. And when I first knew you, you did not really like sitting up with adults. And I know its a long story as to why but now you have happily sat and laughed with us. Because you know and can accept that you fit in here. Its a weird proud Mum moment because I know the back story. Just know that I always want you up with me."

We eat and I manage a reasonable amount. Isa and Florence end up staying as it gets to 12 o'clock. They end up in a spare room and Joanne ends up in mine. I fall asleep knowing that I have homework due in tomorrow that I have not done. School life goals.