{18}

I knock on the door and Joanne waits around the corner. Dad answers the door with a frown.

"I thought that Gaga woman was supposed to be dropping you off. I suppose that she finally realized you were trash and let you go." he grunts. The comment about Gaga angers me. The trash part is a reminder that I am at home yet again. When am I allowed to leave?

"No, I am here to drop her off. Would it be alright if I could chat to you and Mrs Bradsure?" Joanne emerges and asks.

"Ugh, I suppose so. I will have to get her. Come in please." he manages to politely say back. Achievement of the year.

My sister, Jane, comes into the hall as we walk in. She hugs me and tells me that she missed me. A little wave of guilt washes over me as I know that these changes will mean us not living together. Dad leads us to the kitchen and tells us to take a seat whilst he gets Mum. Jane sits down too and I tell her all that has happened. Joanne smiles at me to encourage me. Jane is really happy for me. She says she will miss me living at home but it would probably be best for me to move away from all the hate for me here. I tell her about maybe going away with the album if Mum and Dad say yes. She says she will miss seeing me but FaceTime is a wonder and I will come home eventually. I love her so much she is so mature and understands. Mum and Dad then come in and tell Jane to go out and finish the homework she had to do. Jane gave me an encouraging glance and then went to finish the homework. I don't know how she handles being treated like a baby a lot of the time but she does and it pays off.

"Hello Mrs Bradsure I'm Stefani..." she does not get a chance to finish before Mum buts in.

"Hang on wait, I thought you were Gaga. You resemble her without the makeup and more clothes." Mum says with a hint of rudeness.

"Yes, I am Gaga feel free to call me that if you want but my first, my name when not on stage is Stefani." Mum and Dad nod, it looks like they are in a good mood. "Millie and I have had an amazing day yesterday and today. I won't lace it up I would love if Millie could stay with me for longer. If you are happy with this I was hoping Millie could come and stay for a long time. Maybe even permanently. I will pay all the bills and for everything Millie needs. She can live with me and you won't have to worry. I would love if she could move in with me and stay." she says this in the most basic way for my parents to look at.

My Mum starts to speak "This is a erm surprise. I suppose you must have heard about some of the things that happen between us. I suppose am fine with this. Our parts are played she is her own person now. She can move in with you for me. I have my other daughter, Jane. Millie, it's up to you. You don't have any need here. But I'm sorry." Mum ends and I can't help but be taken back by the apology.

Dad starts now "I agree with your Mum Millie. You don't have much use here and we fight a lot. You're like a little stress factory. Millie this one is up to you." He finishes having made his decision in a heartbeat.

"I would love to move in with Gaga. You would not have to worry about me and my nuance. I do need to be able to see Jane. She would need to be allowed to come and visit and me to be able to see her." I say about the whole situation.

Mum starts again "I am going to ask Jane to come down and say what she thinks. If she wants to see you then she is allowed to visit and you can come here when you need to." Mum then leaves to go and talk to Jane.

My Dad starts again "So do you want adoption papers or something? We can print some off so its official that you are looking after Millie." He asks looking wariy.

Joanne looks at me and I give a sad smile and nod. "Yes if you would be kind enough to print some of that would be great." she says. Dad goes to print the papers off. On the way, he bumps into Mum and tells her what he is doing. She smiles and brings Jane though to us.

"I know what's happening with Millie. I get it. But no matter what happens I want to be able to see Millie." Jane looks at Mum and then turns to me. "No matter who you legally belong to or as you would like it, whoever has guardianship as you will never belong to anyone. You will always be my blood sister and written in my history. I will always love you and we won't lose touch just because you don't live here anymore. Ok? So we are still walking home from school together and I am coming to see you whenever I need. I hope Gaga is ok with that." Jane finishes with fire made of passion. I love her so much. She knows what she wants and how it needs to work for everyone. She's not letting go on her side of the deal.

Gaga starts to talk "You are welcome at my house whenever you need to come over Jane, no one is to stop you from seeing your sister." Dad then walks in with the papers. "Millie do you want to go and start packing your stuff up whilst we sort these out." Gaga says to me. She then lifts the car keys up to head and with a smile unlocks the car. "I've unlocked the car for you to put whatever you need in there. Take all your stuff and we can sort it when we get home" she says.

Mum hates it when people unlock their cars this way. I can see her disapproving looks about it.

To be continued...

Only being continued because i don't want to chapters to be over 1,000 words and this one is nearly there. Thanks for reading.