{24}

We go in together with Isa and Eva. We still have 10 minutes before our slots with teachers so i decide to show Joanne round my school. We are not really supposed to be going around the whole school but its fine because people are still doing detentions and teachers are still marking in there classrooms if they haven't got any parents evenings for my year. I show her my form room which is a art room. My form tutor is a art teacher and she is lovely. (writers note: if you don't know what a form is its something we have in England. you are with your form for a lot of lessons in the lower years of secondary school and you register with your form during the day. also you will have a form time at some point in the day.) Joanne is very impressed by the GCSE art pieces. I have to explain to her that they are for GCSEs that we have when we are 16 in the last year of secondary school. Yeah actually i have to explain a lot about the school system before she met my teachers. We then move on to just walking around and me showing her all the parts of the school. Its so funny to see her reactions to all the rules and other stuff that happens.

We go round and see all my teachers. Most of them have heard about what happened with the adoption in one way or another. Some look a bit confused because they remembered it was not who they last saw. We had to tell my design tech teacher and about 2 others because they never went online and never sat in the staffroom. It went well. I was told that i could do with not talking as much but that's kind of hard because i sit with either Isa, Liz or Ella in each lesson. My head of year asked to talk to us which is good because Joanne needs to talk to him anyway about having time off school.

"Hello Millie and Gaga, shall i call you that?" asks Mr Carson.

"You can call me that if you want i have so many names for so many people. If you want you can call me Stefani." says Joanne.

"Ok i will call you Stefani. I just wanted to talk to you about the whole adoption and settling in. We are here as a school unit to support all this. So i understand it was a quick adoption. Millie is it ok if you tell me what was happening at home before?" he asks me now.

"I get that you have to be there as a school and that's great but i dealt with it by myself and i am fine now. I will tell you but if you interrupt my sisters life then i will never forgive myself so please leave her be at home she has a amazing life with her Mum and Dad and she has everything she needs and wants ok?" i say this in a kind and defence way but also a way you should talk to your teachers.

"Millie, i am not your sisters head of year and if she has a problem then she will go to her head of year or to you. I would just like to know what lead to this so we are aware, also i promise not to write it down or tell anyone. Just us 3 knowing yes?" he closes his book and laptop.

"OK. Mum, Dad and i managed to fight a lot and it got pretty bad. I used to have to try and escape to my room or out of the house. It wasn't great and self harm seemed to help. Some days Dad got mad and beat me. That hurt a lot but it was probably more mentally than physically. Anyway I walked into Joanne and this has happened. But leaving the past in the past, Joanne has a career and its a large one at that." i say ready to move on from school being involved in my home life. The last thing i need is them trying to guide me in these little out of lesson meetings. Some teachers care but they don't need to trying to look into my home life. Also if they find out what happened to me they might report my parents to child services and then something could happen to Jane.

"Millie is right. I do have work to do at the moment. And it happens to be work that is based in America. I am over here at the moment to escape everyone i know interrupting my creativity. Strange but helpful." she laughs, Mr Carson laughs too and nods.  "I need to go back to America to do the meetings. That will be happening soon but once the album is done i will need to promote it around the world and then i will be touring. Millie will of course have tutor while we are traveling but i don't know what the arrangements will be with school." Joanne explains.

"Ok well Millie I'm sorry things at home happened like that but you seemed settled with Stefani. With the whole going away on tour, as long as Millie has a tutor and they are following the curriculum for GCSEs it should be fine. I know Millie is very interested in music, she shows it in her lessons. I take Millie's class for music. Going on tour will help her learn more about the behind the scenes and if you are in the studio over here then that as well." he says smiling at us.

"Oh you take Millie for music! She is really good. She came to the studio the other day and i was so impressed. She could really go somewhere in the industry if she can ignore the bad press that would come with the fact she is my daughter." Joanne said with passion but as if i was not there. Which i did not appreciate.

"I am here! And i do want to learn a lot from being on tour. I am ok to go then as long as i am learning right?" i ask.

"You are indeed fine to go just make sure to keep up with your form so you know what is happing back here. When are you leaving?" he says

"I will don't worry, we have a snap chat group so i will. I don't know when we are going" i say

"We are going in 4 day so her last day at school will be Thursday." Joanne answers.

Wow we are going in 4 freaking days!!

Yet again to be continued as the studio is to come yet...