{17}

We decide to go in the car even though my house is only a 20 minute walk away. This is because in the ideal scenario i will have some bags when i leave home. In the short car ride Joanne asks what might be the best way to address the fact i want to live away from home for, at the very least, a week. I tell her to state every fact that will benefit them. Less bills and all that for now.

"Millie, how would you feel about staying with me full time? You can i have time to think about it if you want but i can pitch this is a totally different and better way if you want to stay permanently or at least for more than a few weeks. This is a big thing you probably want time so we can just talk about it next week." she puts forward in a very anxious manner. By this time we are parked on the street outside my house so we can talk for a bit about the idea.

"Well i would love that really. But i don't really want you feeling responsible for me. Don't get me wrong, i hate living with my parents but the fact they don't care about where i am what i eat or what i do is great. Its this freedom that non of my friends have and i really enjoy that and I've come to need it. Also because you have a album coming out that is stressful enough. I don't need to hold you down, and also you haven't chosen to have kids yet. Why should I suddenly influence that choice." I reply with what i thought were preventative factors. But Joanne thought different.

"First - I am not going to take your freedom away from you. I get that, i need freedom too. My management hate the fact i wont let them know what I'm doing 24/7. I might want to know where you are and what you have eaten, because that is important, but you can have the same freedom. Second - i am going to make this record and tour it, i am kinda getting ahead of my self but you can always come and do all the press around the world and travel. That is your freedom too. You don't need too worry about my work i know how to get around that its been 8 years. Third - i haven't chosen to have my own kids but you to me are not a kid you can look after yourself the only thing that prevents you from being a full adult is your guardianship laws. There is no problem for me. You may have to be aware that you may need to leave school to come with me whilst i promote the album and tour but we can get a tutor and you don't seem too attached to school." This is all said as if it was thought out. I think she may have spent some time thinking about this last night.

"Ok you got me. I really do want to live with you. One night with you and it was everything compared to what i am used to at home. That was my first night in awhile that i did not cut and the first night i felt safe again. Its sad but i feel like the part of my childhood where my parents are involved is over. I have a warning though. I do owe my friends quite a few sleepovers and we spend our lives at each others houses." she laughs at my last comment looking relieved.

"I don't know who's happier, me or you. I really want to meet your friends you all seem really close and my doors will always be open for sleepovers. So are you ready to ask your parents about this." she asks. Parents are no strangers to Joanne.

"Yes i am defiantly ready. But you are not. My Mum is not a fan of cropped tops, she thinks they are inappropriate in any manner. So ermmm put this jumper on." i say whilst handing her a jumper from the back seats. Making her laugh.

Writers note: I know this is quick moving at a pace. I know, in editing and reading it and it's crazy. But there are better things to come than focusing on the little details of moving in x