{9}

Tobias and I get lost in producing I teach him what I know and he teaches me what he knows. He also talks about song structure and some of the theory behind it. He spends a lot of time song writing and his album always amazed me with his lyrics and just piano. No wonder Adele likes this man so much. The other 3 came back in from writing with a new idea. Mark sat down and we recorded it. It was amazing I'll give them that. The song was called 'Sinner's prayer' and it was sort of out of the usual for Gaga. She did not want to much dance on it but it to be striped back. I have a feeling this album will be more striped back and open.

So we recorded it and Joanne came in to listen. The vocals were good and she was happy about it. We had been at the studio for 3 hours and had all lost track of time and it was now 5:45 and I would normally have to have been home before this unless I called and told everyone I was out later. We go t out into the gardens, as it's summer, still light and warm. Just as everyone is sitting down on the grass or benches my phone starts to ring. My mother's name comes up on the screen. I hand the phone to Joanne to let her know who it is and she just tells me to put it on speaker. She also tells the other 3 to be quiet whilst we talked to her. I'm actually fairly nervous I don't know what to say to 'mum' today. I had discovered new people and a completely different world... If only it was for day. I want to stay here, like this, happy.

Mum: "MILLIE! Where the hell are you? I know you ''met up with a friend" but God it's 5:50 now. Get yourself back home. And who is this friend? You have been no use all day off doing whatever you please. Now who is this friend?"

She says all this practically yelling at me. I'm about to cry again because I knew it was all too bitter sweet.

Joanne: "Hello Mrs Bradsure I'm Stefani, or you might better know me as Lady Gaga? I bumped into Millie as she was going shopping and she recognised me. We have spent the day together..."

Mum intrups as this point with a loud voice.

Mum: "MILLIE YOU SAID YOU WERE WITH A FRIEND! Not a half dressed pop star singing about sex. That is hardly appropriate. Get home now!"

I am so annoyed at this that in no way is the definition of Joanne or Lady Gaga. How dare she say that about someone who has helped me so much. She can bloody talk about appropriate. She since when did she care about what was appropriate for me.

Me: "Mum how dare you say that. In no way if that the definition of Gaga in anyway shape or form. She is my friend so I never lied about that. "

I am nearly shaking in anger so Joanne puts her finger to my lips and takes over the phone call.

Joanne: "Mrs Bradsure I would like to inform you that I am fully clothed with trousers and a top that is full length tucked in. I would love it if Millie could stay out later and stay at mine I will bring her home tomorrow."

Mum: "Well it sounds like you I've heard enough of your voice coming out of my daughters speakers. Shes no use here so she can stay, whatever. Millie, don't do anything stupid. You also have things to do when you get home."
[End of phone call]

"I don't know what she expects me to do when I get home. She has a cleaner for Christ's sake." I scoff smiling.

Mark, Tobias and Judtin laugh and Joanne puts on a pout.

"Sorry. She does though. And she will just tell me to go to my room or something." I apologize because it sort of feels like I'm being told or but then I think Joanne is just upset mum is threatening me.

Writers note: sorry this chapter is messy, also the phone call is very messy.