Chapter 1: An Amazing Discovery

PRESENT DAY

In the Arctic, a search team had started uncovering something. The leader on the project saw a vehicle pull up and the men got out to greet him.

"You the guys from Washington?" the search team leader asked.

"You get many other visitors out here?" the SHIELD technician said as they walked toward the site.

"How long you been on site?" the SHIELD lieutenant wondered.

"Since this morning. A Russian oil team called it in about 18 hours ago," the search team leader explained.

"How come nobody's spotted it before?" the SHIELD lieutenant remarked.

"It's really not that surprising. This landscape's changing all the time. You got any idea what this thing is exactly?" the search team leader explained.

"I don't know, it's probably a weather balloon," the SHIELD lieutenant said.

"I don't think so. You know we don't have the equipment for a job like this," the search team leader replied.

"How long before we can start craning it out?" the SHIELD technician asked.

"I don't think you quite understand. You guys are going to need one hell of a crane," the search team leader answered.

They finally saw a wing of a huge plane sticking out from underneath the ice, so they immediately took action.

They used a laser to make a hole and the technician and lieutenant were lowered into the plane.

"Base, we're in," the SHIELD lieutenant informed.

They turned on their flashlights and started looking around.

"What is this?" the SHIELD lieutenant asked.

The SHIELD technician almost slipped in the process of looking.

"Careful," the SHIELD lieutenant said.

They kept going until the technician found something that was buried underneath some snow. He brushed it away.

"Lieutenant," the SHIELD technician called, making him come, then the technician asked, "What is it?"

"My god," the lieutenant responded.

He immediately called the base over his com.

"Mays, give me a line to the Colonel," the lieutenant said.

"It's 3am, sir," the man on the other end pointed out.

"I don't care what time it is. This one's waited long enough," the lieutenant remarked.

What they found was Captain America's shield.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Holy crap! This is getting crazy already!