Chapter 42: Going Down in Ice

Steve and Y/N activated the com on the ship.

"Come in, this is Captain and Lady Rogers. Do you read me?" Steve asked.

"Captain and Lady Rogers, what is your--" Morita started.

"Steve, Y/N, is that you, are you both all right?" Peggy asked, takin Morita's place.

"Peggy. Schmidt's dead," Y/N informed.

"What about the plane?" Peggy asked.

"That's a little bit tougher to explain," Steve answered.

"Give me your coordinates. I'll find you a safe landing site," Peggy told them.

"There's not going to be a safe landing. But we can try and force it down," Steve said.

"I'll get Howard on the line; he'll know what to do," Peggy replied as Phillips signaled everyone out of the room.

"There's not enough time. This thing's moving to fast and it's heading for New York," Y/N remarked.

The siblings looked at the ocean, knowing what they had to do.

"We gotta put her in the water," Steve decided.

"Please, don't do this. We have time, we can work it out," Peggy pleaded.

"Right now we're in the middle of nowhere. If we wait any longer a lot of people are going to die," Y/N pointed out.

They looked forward toward the sky, taking deep breaths.

"Peggy. This is our choice," Steve told her.

Steve took out his compass that had Peggy's picture in it and set it up. Y/N took out a picture of her and Bucky at the bar from when they first assembled the team and put it beside the compass. Then Steve started to force the plane down towards the ocean.

"Peggy," Steve requested.

"I'm here," Peggy responded.

"I'm going to need a rain check on that dance," Steve told her.

"You dancing? That would be fun to see," Y/N giggled lightly.

Peggy chuckled lightly then answered, "All right. A week next Saturday at the Stork Club."

"You got it," Steve agreed.

"Eight o'clock on the dot. Don't you dare be late. I'll get Y/N to make sure of that. Understood?" Peggy asked, Y/N nodding in response.

"You know I still don't know how to dance," Steve said.

Peggy and Y/N smiled briefly at that.

"I'll show you how. Just be there," Peggy replied.

"We'll have the band play something slow. I'd hate to step on your toes," Steve continued.

The ocean started coming into view and the siblings looked at each other sadly.

"I love you, Steve," Y/N told him.

"I love you too, Y/N," Steve returned.

They hugged as they crashed, but as they blacked out, Y/N was sent towards the back of the plane.

Peggy only heard static from over the radio.

"Steve? Y/N?" she called, received no response, so she kept going in tears, "Steve. Y/N."

She broke down in tears as Phillips heard what happened. He sadly left to tell the other soldiers what happened.

The ship then sunk into the ocean.

The war was finally over and the rest of the team met up in the bar.

"To the Captain and Y/N," Falsworth toasted and they drank in their honor.

Meanwhile, Stark sent out a submarine to look for the siblings, but found something else.

"Sir," the engineer called.

Stark came over and looked to see on the screen that they found the Tesseract.

"Take us to the next grid point," Stark said.

"But there's no trace of wreckage and the energy signal trace stops here," the engineer pointed out.

"Just keep looking," Stark urged.

As everyone in the London base was packing up, Phillips gave Peggy a classified folder. She opened it to see it was on Steve and Y/N. She saw their photo of them before the serum was injected in them. They were smiling with their arms around each other, proud to be in the army. Peggy smiled at that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Whoa. That happened.