Chapter 3: "I Can Do This All Day"

They made it to the theater and the little documentary played.

"Who cares!" a loud jerk remarked.

"Play the movie already," his friend added.

"Hey, want to show some respect," Y/N whispered, obviously annoyed.

The documentary continued to play.

"Let's go, get on with it," the loud jerk continued.

"Hey, just start the cartoon," his friend said.

"Hey, you want to shut up?" Steve asked.

This got their attention and they stood up, facing them.

In an alley, the loud jerk was beating Steve while the his friend held Y/N back to keep her from helping her older brother. Then after he was punched after using a trash can lid as a shield, Y/N stomped on the guy's foot who was holding her back. This made him let go in pain and she jumped on the loud jerk. But this resulted in him shoving her off and slapping her. Then his friend held her back again as the loud jerk looked back to Steve, who got up again.

"You two just don't know when to give up, do you?" the loud jerk asked.

"I can do this all day," Steve answered then threw a punch, but it was blocked and he got punched.

"Of course you could," Y/N muttered.

"Oh don't worry, sweetheart. When he's done with your pathetic excuse for a brother, he won't be so tough on you," the jerk's friend whispered, making her angry.

"No he won't," a voice said.

When the jerk's friend turned, he was punched in the face, making him let go of her and hold his face as he leaned against the wall. Y/N smiled to see it was Bucky. He smiled back at her, making her blush, then he went to help Steve.

"Hey, pick on someone your own size," Bucky remarked, pulling the jerk away.

The jerk tried to punch him, but he dodged, punched the jerk, and kicked him out of the alley. He and his friend then left and Bucky approached the siblings.

"Sometimes I think you like getting punched," Bucky commented.

"I had him on the ropes," Steve shrugged it off.

"Says the guy whose sister was held hostage and tried to help," Y/N said then held her face.

"Did that guy hurt you?" Bucky asked in concern, gently placing a hand on the side of her neck.

"He slapped me, but I'm tougher than I look," Y/N said.

Bucky chuckled at her remark, making butterflies go off in her stomach. For as long as she could remember, Y/N has had a crush on Bucky. But there were a couple of reasons she didn't admit her feelings. One: all three of them are best friends and if anything were to happen, it would be awkward for Steve. Two: Bucky is a total ladies' man. She felt that since Bucky went on a lot of dates with other women, he wouldn't like her back.

Her thoughts were interrupted when he bent down to get their enlistment forms.

"How many times is this?" Bucky asked, looked at the forms, then asked, "Oh, you both are from Paramus now. You know it's illegal to lie on your enlistment form. Seriously, Jersey?"

Steve finished dusting himself off then both he and Y/N noticed his uniform.

"You get your orders?" Y/N asked.

"The 107th. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow," Bucky said.

Steve sighed and replied, "We should be going."

Bucky nodded then a smile formed on his face.

"Come on, guys. My last night. Gotta get you cleaned up," Bucky told them as they walked out of the alley, him escorting Y/N.

"Why, where we going?" Steve asked.

"The future," Bucky answered, handing him a newspaper with the headline World Exposition Of Tomorrow, 1943.

Both Steve and Y/N saw this and their curiosity talked them into going.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You are crushing on Bucky! 😍😜 Nice! He's cute, but for those who know, I'm all Loki's. 😂❤️