Chapter 37: New Determination

Peggy walked into the now torn apart bar, hearing a radio. She walked toward it to see Y/N and Steve sitting at a table with a bottle of alcohol. They turned to see her then poured themselves more of the drink.

(A/N Your outfit above.)

"Doctor Erskine said that the serum wouldn't just affect our muscles. It would affect our cells. Create a protective system of regeneration and healing. Which means, um...we can't get drunk. Did you know that?" Steve explained sadly.

"I actually want to be drunk right now," Y/N said, making Steve lightly glare at her, but it softened just as quick.

"Your metabolisms burn four times faster than the average person. He thought it could be one of the side effects," Peggy replied.

Both siblings' moods didn't change.

"It wasn't either one of your faults," Peggy assured.

"Did you read the reports?" Steve asked.

"Yes," Peggy answered.

"Well, then you know that's not true," Steve said.

"Yeah. How could it not be our fault?" Y/N pointed out.

"You did everything you could," Peggy said.

It still didn't seem to change anything.

"Did you both believe in your friend? Did you respect him?" Peggy asked, they both nodded, then she continued, "Then stop blaming yourselves. And that was the dignity of his choice. He damn well must have thought you two were worth it."

"We're going after Schmidt," Y/N stated.

"We're not going to stop 'til all of Hydra is dead or captured," Steve added.

"You both won't be alone," Peggy promised.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Time to kick Hydra's ass (officially).