Chapter 34: What Bucky Wanted To Say

The whole team, Steve and Y/N in new uniforms with the shields (A/N Yours is the same as the drawing and the same weapons you had before), took out as many of he Hydra bases as they could until there was only one left, which pissed Schmidt off.

Their next mission was to retrieve Doctor Zola for questioning. So the team waited on a snowy mountain for the train to come to get him. Some of them listened to the radio for if he was on the train, another being a lookout, and Bucky, Y/N, and Steve were looking over the mountain side.

"Remember when I made you both ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah and we threw up?" Y/N said.

"This isn't pay back, is it?" Bucky wondered.

"Now why would we do that?" Steve smirked.

This made Y/N giggle silently in agreement.

"I'm gonna scout higher. You two keep an eye out for the train from here," Steve said and left them.

Y/N knew why he did and smiled after Steve. She turned to Bucky to see one on his face too. Could it be?

"Bucky?" she said, looking to him.

"Yeah?" he answered, not facing her.

"What did you want to tell me when you would come back home after the war?" Y/N wondered.

"I wanted to wait until I got back to the little girl from New York," Bucky answered, still not returning her gaze.

"I'm not that same little girl you remember. I need to know. Because we've already went through so many dangers, afraid that either one of them would be our last and if you don't, it'll be hard for me not knowing what you were going to tell me," she explained.

Bucky sighed, knowing she had a point. He faced her, walked to her, and placed his hand on her cheek.

"I wanted to tell you that...I really like you. And I mean more than a friend," he told her.

Y/N's breath hitched as her heart rate sped up. She was confused and happy all at once.

"I've always liked you the same way. But why did you always go out with other women who actually had a shot with you?" Y/N asked.

"Because I thought Steve was the overprotective kind. I didn't want it to be awkward," Bucky answered.

"Oh. That's what I thought too," she admitted.

"But the reason I actually liked you more was because all the other women didn't have what you already had: my heart," he continued.

Y/N smiled and placed her hand on the back of his neck. She brought his face to hers and placed her lips on his. He returned it immediately and they didn't want this moment to end. But when they parted, they let their foreheads rest against each other and looked into each other's eyes.

"You have my heart too," Y/N whispered.

"About time!" Steve commented.

They looked at him, who had a smirk on his face. They rolled their eyes at him, but smiled at each other.

"You both were right; Doctor Zola is on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad," Jones informed from what he heard on the radio.

They all prepared themselves.

"Let's get going because they're moving like the devil," Falsworth said.

"We only got about a ten second window," Steve explained.

"You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield," Y/N added.

"Mind the gap," Falsworth remarked.

"Gotta get moving, bugs," Dugan stated.

"Maintenant," Dernier signaled.

Steve, Y/N, Bucky, and Jones then zip-lined to the train and boarded without anyone from Hydra noticing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You and Bucky finally confessed and kissed! Awesome!