Chapter 32: Steve is in Trouble

Steve went up to Private Lorraine, who was reading her newspaper, to ask her a question.

"Excuse me. I'm looking for Mr. Stark," Steve requested.

"He's in with Colonel Phillips," Pvt. Lorraine answered, not moving her eyes from her newspaper.

Then she looked to see who it was.

"Of course you're welcome to wait," she said more politely.

Steve nodded his head to her in thanks and leaned against the desk.

"I, uh, read about what you and your sister did," Pvt. Lorraine replied, showing him the front page of the newspaper.

"Oh, that...yeah. Well that's, you know...just doing what needed to be done," Steve explained.

"Sounded like more than that. You two saved nearly 400 men," she pointed out, checking him out.

"Really, it's not a big deal," he shrugged off.

"Tell that to their wives," Pvt. Lorraine said, getting out of her seat and approaching Steve.

"Uh, I don't think they were all married," Steve responded.

"You both are heroes," she stated.

"Well, that...you know, tha--that depends on the definition of--" he stammered.

"And the women of America. They owe you their thanks. And um, seeing as they're not here," Pvt. Lorraine said, taking him by the tie and pulling him toward the corner of her office.

She pulled Steve into a kiss as Y/N and Peggy came around the corner. They witnessed the whole scene, getting pretty mad.

"Captain! We're ready for you, if you're not otherwise occupied," Peggy said, breaking them apart then walking away.

"That happened," Y/N commented, following them.

"Agent Carter, Y/N, wait," Steve said, going after them while fixing his tie.

"Looks like finding a partner wasn't that hard after all," Peggy remarked.

"Peggy, Y/N, that's not what you thought it was," Steve assured.

"I don't think anything, Captain, not one thing. You always wanted to be a soldier and now you are. Just like all the rest," Peggy stated.

"I'm with Peggy. You could've stopped her from doing that. But you let it go on," Y/N replied.

"Well, what about her and Stark? How do we know two of them haven't been...fonduing?" Steve pointed out.

Peggy and Y/N just looked at him as he gave Peggy a knowing look.

"You still don't know a bloody thing about women," Peggy remarked, walking away again.

"No you do not," Y/N added, making Steve give her a dumbfounded look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Steve just assumed something and when you assume something, you make an ass out of you and me. Get it?