Chapter 41: Taking Schmidt Down

Steve and Y/N made their way through the ship, taking down some Hydra agents along the way. Y/N even made a comment that she called it when Hydra would attack them with a pocket knife.

And when they were in the air, Steve took out the driver and flew the bomb while Y/N just held on tight until they made it inside.

They made it to the control room and approached the seat with caution. Then they heard a blaster getting ready to fire. They turned to see Schmidt with a blaster and they blocked it, making a hole in the glass.

"You don't give up, do you?" Schmidt asked.

"Nope," both siblings answered.

They fought him off, but he was beating both of them. Then they were pushed into the controls, making the plane start to plummet and them be in zero gravity. Steve pushed Schmidt into Y/N, who kicked him back towards Steve. But Schmidt grabbed him and threw him into Y/N. Then he put the plane on autopilot. Then he got back up with a small blaster. As he talked, he fired a blast at them, but he missed every time.

"You both could have the power of the gods. Yet you wear a flag on your chest and think you fight a battle of nations. I have seen the future. There are no flags," Schmidt said.

"Not our future," the siblings stated.

They were then able to knock Schmidt into the machine in the middle, making the Tesseract fall out.

"What have you done?" Schmidt asked.

He picked up the cube and it started glowing. It temporarily opened a portal into space then it started engulfing Schmidt.

"No!" he screamed.

The siblings braced themselves as Schmidt was sucked into space until all that was left was the Tesseract. It burned through the plane and fell into the ocean.

Steve took over the controls and they both looked to see the target was New York. They had to think of something fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You guys took out Schmidt, now you need to take out the plane.