Chapter 4: Blind Dates

The three of them walked to the exposition.

(A/N Your next outfit above.)

"I don't see what the problem is. You're about to be the last eligible man in New York. You know there's three and a half million women here," Bucky pointed out to Steve then told Y/N, "Same with you, Y/N. I'm surprised no man has asked you out."

"Yeah, I'd settle for just one," Steve said.

"Same here. I just haven't had any luck with men," Y/N added.

"Good thing I took care of that for both of you," Bucky smiled, waving to two women named Connie and Bonnie and a man named Derek.

"Hey, Bucky!" the woman, Connie, greeted.

"What'd you tell them about us?" Steve wondered.

"Only the good stuff," Bucky answered.

They walked in the crowd and stayed with them. Steve and Y/N weren't totally in the whole blind date. Steve wasn't because he was still wrapped up in joining the army. Y/N was the same, but she also wasn't up for it because she only liked Bucky. Derek wasn't her type and even though he seemed nice, he seemed more interested in Bonnie anyway. But they kept that to themselves as they tried to enjoy the evening.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvel's Pavilion and the world of tomorrow. A greater world. A better world," the announcer said.

They all then looked to the stage and the girls (minus Y/N) got excited.

"Oh my god. It's starting," Connie exclaimed.

She and Bonnie dragged Bucky and Derek toward the stage while Steve and Y/N followed slowly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Howard Stark," Mandy, one of the women on stage, announced.

The other women indicated toward stage left where Howard Stark came out and greeted Mandy with a kiss. He wiped any leftover lipstick from his mouth before talking.

While he did, Steve offered Bonnie some of his snack, but she just looked at him like "What are you doing?" Occasionally, Y/N would glance at Bucky, admiring his features and thinking about being with him one day.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all," Howard said.

The women took the wheels off the car on the stage to show these hover devices attached.

"Yes. Thanks, Mandy. With Starks' gravity reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that," Howard continued.

He flipped a switch and the car started to rise into he air.

"Holy cow," Bucky and Y/N commented, making them look at each other and smile.

Once it got a little higher, a spark appeared and it fell back on the stage.

"Well I did say a few years, didn't I?" Stark commented, making the audience applaud.

Steve and Y/N looked around until they saw the poster that said "I Want You." They then decided to make a little detour.

"Hey, Steve, Derek. What do you say we treat these girls--" Bucky started until he noticed they were gone.

But he had a feeling where they would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You and Steve really are dedicated to join the army.