Chapter 33: Getting New Shields

The siblings had finally found Stark and he explained to Steve what fondue was.

"Fondue's just cheese and bread, my friend," Stark said.

"Really? I didn't think--" Steve started.

"Or should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked," Stark explained.

"He never understood that," Y/N pointed out.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Steve asked.

"I wanted to see what would happen," Y/N smirked.

"I can see that. But me, I concentrate on work, which at the moment is about making sure you two and your men do not get killed," Stark replied.

He lead them over to this thick, cloth armor.

"Carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although, Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife," Stark said.

"They might. You never know," Y/N pointed out.

Stark rolled his eyes in response.

"I hear you're, uh, kinda attached," Stark wondered, lightly patting Steve's show shield.

"It's handier than you might think," Steve responded.

"Coming from the guy who actually has a shield," Y/N pointed out.

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options," Stark suggested.

They looked at them, but they were all ugly.

"This one's fun. She's being fitted with electrical relays," Stark explained about one of them.

Then a circular shield hidden below caught Steve's eye while an oval-shaped one beside it caught Y/N's eye.

"That will allow you to--" Stark continued.

"What about this one?" Steve asked.

"And this one," Y/N added as they reached for the shields.

"No, no those are just prototypes," Stark told them.

"What are they made of?" Y/N wondered.

"Vibranium. It's stronger than steel, and a third of the weight. It's completely vibration absorbent," Stark explained.

"How come they're not standard issue?" Steve asked.

"That's the rarest metal on Earth. What you two are holding there. That's all we got," Stark said as Peggy came around the corner.

"Are you quite finished, Mr. Stark? I'm sure the Captain and Miss Rogers have some unfinished business," Peggy stated.

"What do you think?" Steve wondered.

In response, she picked up a gun and aimed it at Steve. As he put his shield up, she fired four shots and the bullets just bounced off.

"Yes, I think it works," Peggy answered.

"Do that to me," Y/N requested and hid behind her shield.

She obeyed and the same results happened.

"Works like a charm," Peggy commented.

Peggy put the gun down and walked past them, giving Steve a glare. The men just stared after her.

"I had some ideas about the uniform," Steve requested, handing Stark a piece of paper.

"Same here," Y/N added, handing him a drawing.

"Whatever you two want," Stark answered, taking both of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You guys got your shields! Nice!