Chapter 17: Steve Knows

Steve and Y/N finished giving blood as Peggy (Agent Carter) came in.

(A/N Your uniform.)

"Think you got enough?" Steve asked.

"Any hope of reproducing the
program is locked in your genetic codes. But without Dr. Erskine, it would take years," Peggy explained.

"He deserved more than this," Y/N said.

"Yeah. He did," Steve agreed.

"If it could work only twice, he'd be proud they were both of you," Peggy told them.

After documenting it, she left the siblings to talk.

"Well, the experiment worked," Steve said.

"Yeah. I can't believe that it actually did," Y/N admitted.

"Even though it's horrible what happened to Erskine, there are some upsides. We are in the army and maybe you and Bucky can finally get together," he said.

She looked at him in confusion and shock.

"H-How do you know about that?" Y/N asked.

Steve chuckled a little then answered, "I've known you had a crush on Bucky forever. He has one on you too."

"I think he will now that I look like this," she pointed out.

"No. He did before this. This may be a big change, but that same kind girl is still inside you," he replied.

Y/N smiled and said, "Thanks, but I thought you wouldn't approve."

"Why wouldn't I?" Steve wondered, confused.

"I thought it would be awkward for you. Like being the third wheel," she answered.

"Are you kidding? I've already thought of Bucky as a brother. This will make it official," he replied.

"One thing at a time, bro," Y/N smiled, but with an embarrassed blush on her face.

"We'll see," Steve smirked.

They got up and left to join the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Holy crap! Steve has been waiting for you and Bucky to get together!