Chapter 11: The Right Partner

The next day, a car drove Agent Carter, Steve, and Y/N to the place where they would become super soldiers.

(A/N You are in a similar outfit as Steve.)

"We know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley," Steve said.

"And that parking lot," Y/N added.

"And behind that dinner," Steve remarked.

"Did you two have something against running away?" Agent Carter asked.

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. You can't say 'no' forever, right?" Steve pointed out.

"In other words, he's really stubborn," Y/N stated.

"What about you?" Agent Carter wondered.

"I would try to help, but he likes to go solo sometimes," Y/N explained.

"I know a little of what that's like. To have every door shut in your face," Agent Carter told them.

"I guess I just don't know why you would want to join the army. You're a beautiful dame. Beautifu-- oh a woman. I mean-- an agent, not a dame. You are beautiful," Steve said, stumbling over his words.

"Oh gosh," Y/N mumbled.

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?" Agent Carter asked.

"I think this is the longest conversation I've had with one," Steve admitted.

"And I'm not a woman?" Y/N teased.

"You know that's not what I meant," Steve told her then said to Agent Carter, "Anyway, they're not exactly lining up to dance with a guy that might step on them."

"Or the other way around," Y/N added.

"You two must have danced," Agent Carter said.

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. And the past few years just...didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait," Steve explained.

"For what?" Agent Carter wondered.

"The right partner," Steve answered.

"You as well, Miss Rogers?" Agent Carter asked.

"I feel I have picked the right partner, but I don't know if he'll accept me," Y/N confessed.

"After meeting you, I'd say he will," Agent Carter told her.

Y/N smiled at that as the car pulled to a stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is going to be crazy.