Chapter 40: Getting Schmidt

The soldiers charged as the Hydra agents fired at them. They all forced their way into the base.

"Cut off one head, two more shall take--" one Hydra agent yelled until he was shot.

"Let's go find two more!" Phillips said after cocking his gun back.

Steve and Y/N kept running after Schmidt as he fired at them. He made through a door and it was about to close until Steve threw his shield, keeping it open. As they were about to keep going, another Hydra agent fired his blowtorch at them and they took cover. Peggy fired at the agent's fuel tank, making it explode. She approached them as the soldiers ran past them.

"You're late," Steve told her, stepping toward her.

"Weren't you both about to..." Peggy started.

"Right," Steve remembered.

The siblings ran toward the door and Steve retrieved his shield.

"And you complained about me and Bucky," Y/N smirked as they ran.

"Shut up," Steve remarked.

Schmidt made it to his plane and started to take off. Steve and Y/N fought off Hydra agents as they ran for the plane. But it was slightly faster. Then Phillips and Peggy pulled up in Schmidt's car.

"Get in," Phillips told them.

They obeyed and they took off for the plane. When they were close enough, Steve and Y/N rose from their seats.

"Keep it steady," Steve said.

"Wait!" Peggy told them.

He turned and she pulled him into a kiss. Y/N smiled at that.

"Go get him. You too, Y/N," she replied when they parted.

Steve then looked to Phillips.

"I'm not kissing you," Phillips remarked.

And with that, Steve and Y/N made their way to the ship. As the ship was taking off, the siblings leapt onto the wheels. They looked back at Peggy then the wheels were retracted into the plane.

"Let's do this," Y/N whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is going to be crazy!