Chapter 39: Captured

Steve and Y/N drove on motorcycles for the base. They were followed by Hydra agents on motorcycles, but they easily took them out.

They made it to the base as Hydra fired blasts at them. They still made it inside and beat each Hydra agent to a pulp. They even did a cool move where she jumped off his shield and when she was in the air, they threw both of their shields at one Hydra agent. Then she kicked another Hydra agent in the face as she landed and their shields came back to them. Then they were trapped by agents with blowtorches. Then they were surrounded at gunpoint, so they "surrendered."

They were escorted inside Schmidt's lair where he was waiting for their arrival.

"Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone. But there are limits to what even the two of you can do. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?" Schmidt remarked.

"He told us you were insane," Steve said.

"A total psychopath," Y/N added.

"Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you two everything. So, what made you both so special?" Schmidt asked.

Y/N smirked and replied, "Nothing."

"We're just kids from Brooklyn," Steve added.

In response, Schmidt punched them a couple times each. They coughed then panted as they glared at Schmidt.

"We can do this all day," Steve remarked.

"Oh of course you can, of course.
But unfortunately I am on a tight schedule," Schmidt responded, holding a blaster to Steve's head.

Before he could fire, they heard grappling hooks attach outside. They turned to see Y/N's and Steve's team coming toward them.

"So are we," Y/N smirked.

The soldiers burst through the glass as Y/N and Steve freed themselves. They all easily defeated the agents while Schmidt made his escape.

"Guys, you might need these," Falsworth told them, tossing them their shields.

"Thanks," the siblings responded.

"We're in! Assault team, go!" Morita said into his comm.

"Move out!" Phillips commanded and all the soldiers were ready to give Hydra hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is getting really crazy!