Chapter 16: Hydra Doesn't Get the Serum

The Hydra agent killed the older woman, took her gun, then ran to the getaway car.

"They're coming! Come on! Now!" he signaled.

His colleagues aided him as a gunfight started. Once they drove off, Agent Carter ran out to see them. She readied to fire until the guy triggered an explosion. Then she refocused, aimed, and shot the driver. The car wrecked and the cab driver came out to check on them.

"You all right? Hey! This guy's been shot," the cab driver said.

Meanwhile, the Hydra agent got out and stole the cab. He floored it toward Agent Carter as she fired until Steve got her out of the way as the cab passed.

"I had him!" Agent Carter insisted.

"Sorry!" Y/N apologized.

They started running, noticing they weren't out of breath like they were for the run. So they kept in pursuit of the guy until they ended up crashing through a window.

"I'm sorry!" Steve said as Y/N gave them a guilty look.

They kept going despite the Hydra agent gaining speed. He then turned a few alleys down.

"I'll keep going after him. You take that shortcut to cut him off," Y/N said.

Steve nodded and obeyed. He even jumped a high fence until he made it to the road. Both siblings climbed on the vehicles and ran across them until he was on top of the cab and she was on the trunk. The Hydra agent started firing at the ceiling and Y/N grabbed a sharp pole.

"Steve, jump when I say to!" she yelled.

"Okay!" he responded.

She jammed the sharp end into the back tire, causing the car to swerve and almost flip.

"Now!" she yelled.

They did so just before the cab fully flipped. Once it stopped, the guy stumbled out of the car and fired at them, causing a panic. The siblings got car doors and used them as shields until the Hydra agent grabbed a small ten-year-old child.

"No! No, darling no! Tommy no. Don't hurt him!" the mom begged.

"Get back!" the Hydra agent threatened as he fired at Steve and Y/N.

"Let me go!" Tommy demanded as the Hydra agent took him with him.

"No, don't hurt him!" the mom pleaded.

They kept following him until he put the gun to the child's head.

"Wait don't. Don't," Steve said as his sister cupped her mouth shut.

He was about to fire at them until he found out he was out of bullets. Then he prepared to throw Tommy into the water.

"No, don't," Y/N commanded.

But he did anyway and escaped.

"Go get him, I got this," Y/N assured her brother.

"Okay," he responded and ran after the Hydra agent.

Y/N dove into the water and got Tommy to wrap his arms around her neck while on her back. She swam to the edge and got them on dry ground.

"Are you okay?" she asked him.

"Yeah. Thanks," he thanked.

"Anytime," she said.

She got him to his mother and went to check on Steve.

The Hydra agent made it to his submarine and dove. But Steve was right behind him and punched a hole in the glass to make it flood. He got him up on the dock and had to dodge one of his attacks. Steve kicked him in response, causing the serum vial to break and the serum was gone, then grabbed the Hydra agent by his shirt collar.

"Who the hell are you?" Steve demanded.

"The first of many. Cut off one head," the Hydra agent said, bit a pill that was disguised as a tooth, then added as he was foaming at the mouth, "Two more shall take its place. Hail Hydra."

He died as Y/N approached them. They looked at each other in awe at their new bodies. What else could they do?

Schmidt may not have gotten the serum, but he made weapons to disintegrate their enemies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This is crazy. At least you two stopped the guy from getting away with the serum.