Chapter 20: Not Always Welcomed

The whole show was transported to Italy to perform for the soldiers. They were five miles from the front line. It was November of 1943.

"How many of you are ready to help us sock ol' Adolf on the jaw?" Steve asked enthusiastically.

All the soldiers gave him the silent treatment.

"Okay. We need a volunteer," Y/N said.

"We already volunteered; how do you think I got here?" a soldier remarked snarlingly, making the other soldiers laugh.

"Leave your sister and bring back the girls!" another yelled to Steve.

That made Y/N a little uncomfortable and Steve noticed.

"I think they only know the one song. But, um...let us...we'll see what we can do," Steve said.

"You do that, sweetheart," another shoulder replied.

"Nice boots, Tinker Bell," Hodge commented then winked at Y/N, who just glared at him.

"Come on guys. We're all on the same team here," Steve told them.

"Hey, Americas. Sign this," another soldier remarked.

He pulled his pants down in front of them and Steve looked away while Y/N covered her eyes. The other soldiers cheered and threw tomatoes at Steve and Y/N, but he blocked them with his shield. They walked off the stage while the women went on, making the soldiers cheer even more.

"Don't worry about it, they'll warm up to you two. Don't worry," Brandt's aide assured, but the siblings weren't too sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Well that went well. (Note the sarcasm.)