Chapter 6: Doctor Erskine

Steve and Y/N went into separate rooms to go through the examinations again. Steve was getting ready and the doctor prepared for it until a nurse came and got the doctor.

"Wait here," the doctor told Steve.

"Is there a problem?" Steve wondered.

"Just wait here," the doctor repeated.

After he left, Steve turned around to see the sign that said "It is illegal to falsify information on your enlistment form." He immediately got up to get ready when a soldier came in with Y/N to keep them inside.

"Steve, what is going on?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know. I think we're in trouble," Steve answered.

That worried them until the man, who overheard their conversation, came in with two files.

"Thank you," the man said.

That dismissed the soldier and the man began what he wanted to talk about to the siblings.

"So you two want to go overseas. Kill some Nazis," the man replied.

"Excuse me?" the siblings questioned.

"Doctor Abraham Erskine. I represent a strategic scientific research," the man introduced himself.

"Steve Rogers," Steve said.

"Y/N Rogers," Y/N added.

"Where are you from?" Steve asked.

"Queens. 73rd Street and Utopia Parkway. Before that, Germany. This troubles you?" Erskine asked.

"No," Steve answered while Y/N shook her head.

"Where are you from, Mr. and Miss Rogers? Hmm? Is it New Haven? Or Paramus? Five exams in five different--" Erskine asked, going through the files.

"Those might not be the right files," Steve said.

"It's not the exams I'm interested in. It's the five tries. But you didn't answer my question. Do you both want to kill Nazis?" Erskine repeated.

"Is this a test?" Y/N asked.

"Yes," Erskine answered.

"We don't want to kill anyone," Y/N stated.

"We don't like bullies. We don't care where they're from," Steve added.

"Well, there are already so many
big men and women fighting this war. Maybe what we need now are a little guy and a little girl," Erskine replied.

A glimmer of hope showed in Steve's and Y/N's eyes.

"I can offer you both a chance. Only a chance," Erskine said, leaving the room.

"I'll take it," Steve said as they followed him.

"Me too," Y/N added.

"Good. So where are the little guy and little girl from? Actually," Erskine remarked.

"Brooklyn," the siblings answered.

Erskine stamped their forms, handed them to them, and told them, "Congratulations, soldiers."

They opened them to see they were accepted.

"We can finally make a difference," Y/N breathed excitedly.

"Told you so," Steve smirked.

Y/N frowned teasingly at him, saying, "Okay, Mr. Smartypants."

They left with smiles on their faces.

Meanwhile, Schmidt got the doctor, Zola, to get energy from the Tesseract for their weapons. All this was going to really interesting for the war.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N You and Steve are finally accepted in the war! Yay for you two!