Chapter 43: Time Traveling

PRESENT DAY

Steve started waking up in a room that looked like it was from his time. He was beyond confused, especially when he heard the game that was on. Then a woman came in to greet him.

"Good morning," she greeted, checked her watch, then corrected herself, "Or should I say, afternoon."

"Where am I?" Steve asked.

"You're in a recovery room in New York City," she answered.

He recognized the game that was on, knowing that something was up.

"Where am I really?" he remarked.

"I'm afraid I don't understand," the woman responded, confused.

"The game. It's from May 1941. I know, 'cause my sister and I were there," Steve stated.

The woman's eyes went wide in shock.

"Now I'm going to ask you again.
Where am I?" Steve repeated as he got up and approached her.

She had a pen in her hand and she pressed the button on it, signaling she needed help.

"Captain Rogers--" she started calmly

"Who are you?" Steve demanded.

Guards came in, surprising Steve. In response, he threw the men through the wall and he got out with the woman following behind.

"Captain Rogers, wait," she called, but he ran, so she said over her walkie, "All agents, code 13. I repeat, all agents code 13."

All the agents tried to stop him, but he shoved them away he ran outside and stopped in Times Square to see the huge changes that were made. Then cars surrounded him

"At ease, soldier," a voice called.

Steve turned around to see a man in a black suit and wearing an eyepatch. The man, Nick Fury, approached him.

"Look I'm sorry about that little show back there, but we thought it best to break it to you slowly," Nick said.

"Break what?" Steve asked.

"You've been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years," Nick replied.

Steve was now in complete shock. He was never dead? He looked around in cautious curiosity.

"You gonna be okay?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I just...I had a date," Steve answered.

Then he remembered something.

"What about my sister? She crashed with me," Steve wondered.

"I'm sorry, son. But we weren't able to recover your sister's body," Nick told him.

Steve felt his heart shatter as a tear went down his cheek.

"At least I know she's with the one she loves," Steve said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N The End! I hope you guys enjoyed it! I'll explain what happens in the next part.