Chapter 30: Talking With Bucky

After getting them their drinks, they started singing as the piano played and Steve and Y/N went to talk with Bucky.

"See, I told you. They are all idiots," Bucky commented.

"What about you? You ready to follow Captain and Lady America into the jaws of death?" Steve asked.

"Hell, no. That little guy and little girl from Brooklyn who were too dumb enough not to run away from a fight. I'm following them," Bucky answered then wondered, "But you keeping your outfits, right?"

"You know what? It's kinda growing on me," Steve admitted.

"Me too," Y/N smiled.

Then the men slowly stopped singing and looked toward the entrance. Steve, Y/N, and Bucky looked to see Peggy in a beautiful, knee-length red dress.

"Captain. Miss Rogers," Peggy greeted.

"Agent Carter," the siblings returned it.

"Ma'am," Bucky did the same.

Peggy nodded her head to Bucky.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try tomorrow morning," Peggy informed.

"Sounds good," Steve said as Y/N nodded.

It was silent for a minute.

"I see your top squad is prepping for duty," Peggy commented.

"You don't like music?" Bucky asked.

"I do actually. I might even when this is all over go dancing," Peggy responded, not removing her eyes from Steve.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Bucky asked.

"The right partner," Peggy answered then told Steve and Y/N, "0800, you two."

"Yes, ma'am," Y/N said.

"We'll be there," Steve added.

"I'm invisible. I'm turning into you, Steve. It's a horrible dream," Bucky commented.

"Don't take it so hard. Maybe she's got a friend," Steve smirked, lightly pushing him towards Y/N.

Steve left them as they sat at the bar in silence for a moment.

"I like your dress," Bucky finally said.

"Thanks," Y/N answered.

"It's your favorite color," he continued.

"Yeah. You remembered," she replied.

"Of course I did. I remember everything about you and everything you ever told me," Bucky told her.

"I appreciate that," Y/N said then asked, "Why were you strapped to a table when I found you?"

"I actually don't know. It's all a blur to me. But it became clear when I saw my rescuer," he answered with a smile.

She smiled back at him and rested her head on his shoulder.

"And just so you know, you were never invisible to me," Y/N told him.

Bucky smiled at that. He knew he needed to tell Y/N how he felt, but he didn't know how. Yet anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! You and Bucky are so cute! Comment your ship name if you want.