17 - Slender-dreams

I rush up behind a Dog and hit him over the head with my joined hands, like Evan would've. Hey, if Evan's not around, sometimes you've gotta act like he would. I lower the Dog to the floor and jog around him, keeping my distance from him.

I make my way towards where I see a light and pull myself along the hallways of this odd house  -  praying that they'll leave me alone. Praying that I can just go home.

That's when my legs give out from under me and I hit the ground hard, whacking my head and passing out.

___________

"You realize that if you go, our bargain will be null and void."

I turn around and face the Stick. He's taller up close, and I feel that strange, eerie calm wash over me to accompany the static in my head. I stagger backwards and look up at his empty face. He rests a hand on my shoulder and I shudder at how cold his touch is.

"Y/n, you needn't worry or run anymore," he says. "I am here. I am all you need."

"No man is all I need," I snarl.

"No need for such hostilities, y/n. We are friends now. You are mine."

"No, I'm really not."

I glare at him. I swear he chuckles at my defiance. Like I am some child who needs to be scolded. Like I am nothing but a stupid, ignorant, and easily breakable human. Well, I guess I am. The Slenderman is my enemy. And no matter what he says or what mind games he plays, he always will be.

"Habit is weak," he says. "He couldn't even protect you, she who he claims to be in love with. You do not need him or his pet Vincent anymore."

"Why don't you try telling him he's weak to his face? I'm sure he'd love that, Slendy. And besides, he doesn't love me. I'm just a new toy for him to play with until I break."

"If you care so little about him, why make the bargain in the first place?"

He's got me there. I can deny Habit's love for me all I want, but when it boils down to it, he really does care. And me being here can't possibly be good for him. Especially when he's wounded. Oh God, please don't tell me I helped kill him.

"Habit, Evan, and Vinny and Jeff all mean a lot to me," I say. "I'm not going to let you hurt them any more than you already have."

"But you will suffer."

"And they won't."

__________
A/N: Hey guys!! It's me, I'm just here to ask something and announce something.

Would you like the next chapter to be told from Habit's POV? I think the story would be a lot better if I told it through his side too while you're out of commission for the moment. But hey, totally up to you. Or me. I dunno, I just live here.

Out of curiosity, how many people here read my other EMH story, Inhabited? I'm trying to figure out what I should do next with it and would love some ideas! Thanks to all of you who are supporting me and the characters I write about by voting, adding to your reading lists, and commenting. It helps out more than you know.

And my announcement has nothing to do with the fact that Jeff (yes the real one) has been liking my #eightyearsofEMH Tweets.

Or EMH at all.

I am sure some of you know by now that I have a pacemaker/ICD that I've named Perrie after the singer in Little Mix. Well, as of April 15th (tomorrow to those reading in pace with my postings) she's going to be two years old! And I've also been out of school two years, so yeah. Happy birthday wishes for the little computer inside me that keeps me alive are well-appreciated!

That's all I wanted, I love you all, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Xoxoxoxo ...