13 - Playing Dirty

After a day of fun, we head back home to the mismatched house that is where Vinny, Evan, Habit, and now even me live. I don't know why I think of this place as home when my real one is so far away.

Habit and I leave the car and start towards the house, laughing about something stupid when ...

"Hey, stop," he whispers, looking around. He draws out his machete and steps between me and the house. "Something's wrong."

"What? What's going on?" I whisper.

"I don't know. Stay by the car, y/n." He gives me a look and walks toward the house slowly. "Vinny?! Vin!" His shouts fill the void in the air.

"Hello, Habit."

A man stands on the porch, holding a long, dark weapon I can't tell what it is. Habit swears. My heart begins to race and I have to lean against the car, my head starting to swim. The man is one of Slenderman's Dogs. He's taken care of them before, but ...

"What the fuck do you want?" Habit snarls.

"You." The Dog smiles. "And your girl. She's important, you know. So I want you to be a good little bastard and let me take her off your hands."

"Fuck off! You ain't gettin' shit, Dog!" Habit yells. "Go tell Stick In The Mud that he's not getting her or Vinny, or me!"

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen. At least, not this time."

And then the Dog shoots Habit in the chest.