19 - Moving Around

~ your POV ~

I am somewhere else now, and I now know it's been at least a day since my detainment. The chains are now on my wrists and my knife, the only thing of Habit I had left, is gone.

I lay on the ground, shaking with cold despite the jacket Jeff gave me. I keep wondering if what I saw was even him or just hallucinations. I mean, Slenderman can do that, can't he? I think so, but it's hard to know when you're starving and thirsty as hell. I'd yell for help, but my throat hurts from doing that and I don't think any help is coming to me.

That weird, awful calm has left me for pure sadness and all-out depression. But at least there's no more static in my head. Hey, I'm trying to remain positive! ... It's not working.

I hear the sound of shuffling around me and turn to see a Dog walking towards me with a dark, sly smile on his face. Despite myself, I shrink away from his touch as he unhooks my chains and guides me to another room, this one, thankfully, is warmer.

"You are not going anywhere," the Dog says.

"Yeah, I got that impression," I mutter dryly.

He hooks me to a poll in the middle of the room and smirks. "You think us Dogs, but you're the one who's chained. Ironic, hmm?"

"Fuck you," I snarl. I'd spit at him if my mouth wasn't bone dry. "Don't you have some orphans to devour or some shit?"

He slaps me so hard I whack my head against the poll. He laughs and then I hear a voice yelling at him. Jeff walks in and shakes his head, while mine is pounding like mad, I just stand there, blood trickling from my lip. Jeff smacks the Dog and laughs.

"Get the hell out, Derrick," he growls.

The Dog leaves.

"I'm sorry, y/n. You know that they're not going to give you up, right?"

"Uh-huh," I slur.

Do I have a concussion?

"You do know why they're going all-out for you, right?"

"No."

I'm tired and having trouble focusing on him. Is he even real? Am I just thinking up the kind, sweet Jeff Koval is here?

"It's also the reason why Slender isn't in here pestering you. Habit is here, he's come for you. So they're moving you around in effort to keep you here."

Of course they are.

Wait. Habit's here?!