35 - Are We Out of the Woods?

I run. In bare feet, I run through the woods.

I dive into the bushes and scramble into the shadows, placing my hand over my mouth. But the running sounds behind me continue. That's when I see a woman and two men, one wearing a white bland mask, the other matching with black coloring. The woman looks around, a woman I have never seen before.

"Find her. But be careful; she's dangerous."

They both nod and start to split up. The black-masked man walks towards me, and I ready my knife and feel tears falling down my face. I don't want to kill some random guy, I don't want to kill anyone. But if I have to, I will. I will choose me over the bad guy.

"Knight, have you found something?" asks the woman.

Knight nods. "She's right here."

I keep my hand on the knife. I keep my eyes trained on Knight as the other one, wearing white, comes towards us. I'm outnumbered and they know it. But they don't know that I have a knife.

"Baron," says the woman. "Bring her to me."

Baron, the white-clad man, grabs my hair and drags me out of the bushes kicking and screaming. I thrash and bite and hack at the air.

"We just want you to be safe," the woman says.

"Who the fuck are you?" I demand.

She smiles. "The new Cursor. And I would like to introduce you to my friends, Knight and Baron."

I thrash against the grip on me. But to no avail.

"You just want me to die," I say.

"No, my dear. If you were wanted dead, you'd be dead."

"Then what do you want?"

"You to scream."

"Hello, Collective motherfuckers," Habit says loudly. "Now drop my girl or I will kill you all."

"You will kill us? That is laughable," Cursor says.

"Then you clearly don't know who he is," I say. I then drive my blade into Knight's arm. He yells and drops me, and I bolt for Habit, only for Baron to grab me by the waist and throw me back to the ground.

Cursor laughs. "No one cares who he is."

"My name is Habit." He then runs at her, but they vanish, all three of them.

"Holy shit," I breathe. "What is up with all the teleporting in the Slenderverse?"

"It's time to get out of here, love."

He picks me up and teleports me back home.